DVBSKy S952 USALS DVBViewer

westenlive

hello everyone and congratulations with the program.

I have a problem that I can not solve.

I have a DVBSKy S952 Dual DVB-S / S2 PCIe and I have uploaded a channel list
I set the Angular Pos position with Tool TransEdit.
but the parabolic motor does not move when you select channels from the list in DVBViewer.
To move the dish motor I have to go to Tool TransEdit and in the positioner tab I have to double click on Angular Pos.

how can I solve this problem?

In the DVBViewer Channel Editor the Reception Settings (-> click gear wheel icon) should look like this:

Zwischenablage01.png

Additionally the "Site" data must be configured correctly. Please check it.

it is one of the standard channel lists shipped with DVBViewer (available for Astra 19/23/28° E and Hotbird 13° E). Go to Reception Settings -> select DVB-S in the list of available reception types -> select the transponder list -> set up DiSEqC -> click Save -> click Load Channel List -> select the list in the popup menu.

If there is no standard channel list / transponder list for your satellite position: Read here and scan.

hello thanks for the help

I did everything you told me but it still does not work.

1.png
2.png
3.png

when I go on the TV channel the rotor receives 19.5v but does not move.

4.png

to make it work I have to click twice on this button GO TO ANGULAR POS.

5.png

I am desperate. maybe I give up

52 minutes ago, westenlive said:

when I go on the TV channel the rotor receives 19.5v but does not move.

to make it work I have to click twice on this button GO TO ANGULAR POS.

Looks like the motor does not receive the first command, so a repetition is needed. There are two things you can try:

(1) Open the file hardware.xml from the DVBViewer configuration folder with a text editor (Notepad) while DVBViewer is closed. For each DVB-S device there is a line

<entry name="DiSEqCCount">1</entry>

Replace 1 by 2 or even 3. It will let DVBViewer output the DiSEqC command two or three times. In TransEdit it works similarly. The setting can be changed in the file TransEdit.ini, [Hardware] section.

(2) Use the DiSEqC = Extended setting. It provides a DiSEqC editor where you can enter a sequence of DiSEqC commands. Read more about it here. In your case I would try the following sequence

1. Positioner - Angular Position
  2. Internal - Delay - 500
  3. Positioner - Angular Position

so that the DiSEqC command is sent twice with 500 milliseconds delay in between.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Griga said:

Looks like the motor does not receive the first command, so a repetition is needed. There are two things you can try:

(1) Open the file hardware.xml from the DVBViewer configuration folder with a text editor (Notepad) while DVBViewer is closed. For each DVB-S device there is a line

<entry name="DiSEqCCount">1</entry>

Replace 1 by 2 or even 3. It will let DVBViewer output the DiSEqC command two or three times. In TransEdit it works similarly. The setting can be changed in the file TransEdit.ini, [Hardware] section.

(2) Use the DiSEqC = Extended setting. It provides a DiSEqC editor where you can enter a sequence of DiSEqC commands. Read more about it here. In your case I would try the following sequence

1. Positioner - Angular Position
  2. Internal - Delay - 500
  3. Positioner - Angular Position

so that the DiSEqC command is sent twice with 500 milliseconds delay in between.

I solved with the first solution you gave me

now it seems to work well.

thank you so much