Serbian Cyrillic and Croatian Language

milan58

• 4 months later...

As far as my coverage zone is concerned, it is best to be in this topic.
Transponder list from 34.5°W to 70.5°E 
Scanned 12-13.02.2019.Supported modulation DVBS, DVBS2,16APSK, 32APSK
Express-AMU1 36 ° E used LNB Inverto Black Ultra modified to receive L / R polarization.

Transponders.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 10:49 AM, milan58 said:

Updated language to version 6.1.5.0

Just a hint: Placeholders with % as first character in

edNameScheme.Hint=%year: year /n%date: sortable month-day/n%time: time /n%station: channel /n%event: programme title /n%title: sub-title (if present) /n%name: timer name /n%tshort: sub-title shortened to 80 chars. /n%m: month /n%d: day /n%h: hour /n%M: minute /n%g: genre (if specified) /n%D: day of the week (Mo, Tue etc) /n\ specifies sub-folders

(e.g. %year) must not be translated, because users have to insert them in English. Otherwise the filename scheme does not work as intended.

So it should be

edNameScheme.Hint=%year godina,...

Thanks anyway for your work! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
20 hours ago, milan58 said:

For OS Windows 10 21H1, in order to correctly display the letters in Cyrillic and Latin š,đ,ž,ć,č, I wrote an upgrade

That's interesting. NotePad++ indicates UTF-8 as character set in your files. Usually the DVBViewer UI can't cope with it, so the character set used in language files has to be the local ANSI set. However, Windows 10 seems to provide a new "worldwide language support" option, as I've read here. I've just tried it. Your new language files are only displayed correctly if this option is switched on (and all other languages wrongly).

That means, I cannot include your files in releases, because DVBViewer is still supposed to support all Windows versions since XP. Additionally, it would be necessary to adapt all other language files to "worldwide language support".

No problem. And so far, with each installation of the new DVBViewer Pro, I have had to delete ANSI because it shows me ferioglife in Windows 10, that's why I had to rewrite everything in Windows 10 to correctly display the letters š,ć,z, etc. and Cyrillic.

So you have activated "worldwide language support" in Windows 10 (though it is marked as "beta") for letting DVBViewer display š,đ,ž,ć,č correctly, and adpated your language files to it. Additionally this enables a change between Latin and Cyrillic without getting garbage in DVBViewer.

Is this correct?

Exactly. 
UTF-8 in DVBViewer Pro now correctly shows my letter. Switching languages to English, ANSI is fine. The German language ANSI also correctly shows the letters.

59 minutes ago, milan58 said:

The German language ANSI also correctly shows the letters.

It is definitely wrong here with "worldwide language support" switched on!

I've just searched for a way to generally switch over to the UTF-8 codepage 65001 in DVBViewer, in case a language file is UTF-8, but it does not seem to be possible for an application to do that.

Nevertheless I recommend to apply the following change in your UTF-8 language files:

[General]
Author=milan58(M.K.)
Charset=windows-65001

so that DVBViewer can detect easily that it is UTF-8. Maybe there is a chance to handle it somehow in future.

[General]
Author=milan58(M.K.)
Charset=windows-65001
I tried this tip of yours DVBViewer still does not see ć,č,ž,š,đ

Suggestion: DVBViewer has interface support in the .lng extension, if it's not a big problem for you to offer an interface in .txt then Windows10 will support all the world languages in the UTF-8 extension with BOM.
UTF-8 his BOM in the Windows10 correctly shows both Arabic and Chinese, etc.

27 minutes ago, milan58 said:

I tried this tip of yours DVBViewer still does not see ć,č,ž,š,đ

No. It does nothing at the moment. It is for future development in DVBViewer!!! As I wrote:

7 hours ago, Griga said:

Maybe there is a chance to handle it somehow in future.

Just do it and provide your language files like that.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As you limited my zip archive to only 18.27kB I can not set the latest translation.
Latest translation for DVBViewer Pro Beta 7.2.4.2.
In order to correctly show the Croatian and Serbian letters ć,č,š,đ in Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems that are installed in these languages, UTF-8 is used. Who wants to download this file. For implementation Srpski (Latinica) in DVBViewer is the ANSI file. The download link will be active for 7 days.

Link

1 hour ago, milan58 said:

As you limited my zip archive to only 18.27kB I can not set the latest translation.

Go to the top right of the forum, click your user name, select "My Attachments" in the drop-down menu and delete old attachments.

In order to correctly show the Croatian and Serbian letters ć,č,š,đ in Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems that are installed in these languages, UTF-8 is used.

As far as I know, DVBViewer is only able to use ANSI language files, not UTF-8, that is displayed as garbage. How did you make it work?

The download link will be active for 7 days.

Link

Downloaded, thanks.

On 8/8/2023 at 6:49 PM, Griga said:

As far as I know, DVBViewer is only able to use ANSI language files, not UTF-8, that is displayed as garbage. How did you make it work?

Start> Postavke> Vreme i jezik> Jezik i region> Administrativne postavke jezika> Promeni lokalni standard sistema...> Regionalne postavke ovde stavi kvačicu na Beta: Koristi Unicode UTF-8 za podršku za svetske jezike> Pozatvaraj kartice sa OK. Sada se mogu u DVBViewer-u pokazivati ispravno slova ć,č,š,ž,đ i sva ćirilična slova.

Start> Settings> Time and Language> Language and Region> Language administrative settings> Change System Locale...>Regional settings here put a check mark on Beta: Uses Unicode UTF-8 to support world languages> Close the cards with OK.  Now i can show the correct letters ć,č,š,ž,đ and all cyrillic letters in DVBViewer.

Edited by Griga
Wrong quoting corrected
On 8/9/2023 at 9:28 AM, milan58 said:

Start> Settings> Time and Language> Language and Region> Language administrative settings> Change System Locale...>Regional settings here put a check mark on Beta: Uses Unicode UTF-8 to support world languages

The path to this setting is a bit different on my PC, but finally I found it. I wasn't aware of this possibility. However, after activating it (and rebooting the PC), working with ANSI text files was almost impossible. Even an ANSI -> UTF-8 conversion in Notepad++ (for creating a German UTF-8 language file) yielded garbage.

I first had to deactive "Use Unicode UTF-8 to support world languages" (+ reboot the PC), perform the ANSI -> UTF-8 conversion, then activate the setting again (+ reboot the PC), and after all this DVBViewer displayed the German UTF-8 language file correctly.

So now I know what you mean, but I think in practice this is not really usable, except if you never touch ANSI text files and never use software that relies on ANSI still being ANSI.