Recording service and CI

Etienne

Hello,

I've recently add recording service to have channels from computer on TV.

FTA is ok, all is working fine.

I have a DVB-S2 TT 3200 + CI + a DVB-T stick

Question 1:

When DVBViewer was stand alone, i had access to MMI interface. Since Recording service is intalled, option is grayed (no more access), why ?

Question 2:

When i select a scrambled channel on TV's DLNA ( and DVBViewer is not launched ), CI seems not to be used ,( i have check the box has ci module  in recording service configuration tool and reboot it some times) , Why ?

Question 3:

The only possiblity to have a unscrambled channel on TV's DLNA is to decrypt it with DVBViewer and then request the same channel on TV's DNLA.

OK.

In this case, is possible to handle the funtionality of the CAM ( all CAMs on the market are now dual service) , watch a scrambled channel on PC and a other channel ( from same transponder of course) on TV's DLNA ?

15 hours ago, Etienne said:

When DVBViewer was stand alone, i had access to MMI interface. Since Recording service is intalled, option is grayed (no more access), why ?

Recent DVBViewer versions don't provide a remote MMI interface for the RS. Either upgrade to the DVBViewer Media Server (19 Euro) or use the old DVBViewer 5.6.4 and the Unicast (not RTSP/Sat>IP) communication with the RS.

15 hours ago, Etienne said:

When i select a scrambled channel on TV's DLNA ( and DVBViewer is not launched ), CI seems not to be used ,( i have check the box has ci module  in recording service configuration tool and reboot it some times) , Why ?

It should usually work. Maybe some configuration problem, channel not marked as encrypted in the channel list that is used by the RS or something similar.

Please note that the RS is out-dated. It is not developed further and bugs are not fixed anymore. There is (will be) an increasing number of incompatibilities with recent and future DVBViewer versions. Please read more about the DVBViewer Media Server here.

Thanks Griga for answer ;)

In fact, yes it is working stand alone, I have found the trick.

Simply on player i had to request 2 time the channel with his remote control ..

I think it is a timing problem, I don't know if it is comming from RS or TV side and perhaps i have to debug with intel upnp tool from here ? :

http://www.meshcommander.com/upnptools

or whith som log from RS, if you have a idea you are welcome ;)

Before upgrading to Mediaserver, i would be sure it is solved ??

And concerning my question 3 of last post, can media server manage multiservice CI descrambling on same transponder ( 1 for PC and 1 on media server ? )

BR Etienne

17 hours ago, Etienne said:

Before upgrading to Mediaserver, i would be sure it is solved ??

Though the DMS contains many UPnP enhancement, this can not be guaranteed because it may also depend on the TV set.

17 hours ago, Etienne said:

can media server manage multiservice CI descrambling on same transponder

It depends on the CI/CAM. Generally it is disabled in the RS and DMS, but can be enabled by adding the line

<entry name="MultiPID">1</entry>

in the file svchardware.xml (see configuration folder\config) to sections that represent a DVB device with CI. The RS/DMS must be stopped while the file is changed.

However, this tweak should only be applied if you really know what you do, because it may cause various issues, particularly if you try to unscramble more channels/streams than the CI/CAM can handle properly.

Hi, Griga,

Yes your trick with MultiPID is working for my question 3, fantastic !

Concerning my question 2:

I have made more tests, with a second PC on same lan with DVBViewer as client:

Works perfect ( but was not my target ). I don't know if DVBViewer made itself retries ???

Then i have made a test with VLC, Upnp discovery is simply a disaster, seems to have lots of bugs .. can't diagnose with it...

My TV is a Samsung UE32ES5500 if somebody knows if it works with properly with DMS  and  CI.