Subtitles (Win 8.1) – No subtitles (Win 7)

Ricercar

For a year now, I have been trying to make TV subtitles work. On my Windows 8.1 laptop, they are fine and great. But on my Windows 7 desktop PC, I cannot get any subtitles ever, whatever I do.

Software: DVBViewer Pro 6.0.4.0 with identical settings and same decoders on both computers (checked again and again).

Hardware: August DVB-T210 HD TV Tuner & Recorder USB stick. Cheap, but works very well on both computers.

Why under Windows 7, there are no subtitles to be seen? Any ideas, my friends? Thank you ever so much! :-) Appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ricercar said:

Software: DVBViewer Pro 6.0.4.0

it would be good to first update to the latest 6.1.2 version, to reproduce the problem in DVBViewer debug mode, if it still exists, and attach a support.zip here.

Do the subtitles appear in the Settings -> Subitles menu? Which kind of subtitles? DVB? Teletext?

Installed DVBViewer Pro 6.1.2.0.

TV-card/stick:
August DVB-T210 HD TV Tuner & Recorder USB stick
Driver version 1.31.1145.0, 20.2.2014 (China)

Display adapters (running my four monitors):
ATI Radeon HD 2400 (Microsoft WDDM 1.1), ATI driver 8.56.1.16 (25.4.2009)
ATI Radeon HD 4350 (Microsoft WDDM 1.1), ATI driver 8.56.1.16 (25.4.2009)

For all TV stick and display adapter drivers: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

File support.zip attached.

Updating DVBViewer Pro to 6.1.2.0 didn't help. Exactly same channels show DVB subtitles on the Win 8.1. laptop, on Win 7 desktop no subtitles are shown (on any channel).

What next, my friends? :-) Thank you very much.

support.zip

Edited by Ricercar
19 hours ago, Griga said:

You have disabled the OSD (On Screen Display) completely -> no subtitles can be displayed.

Wow, Griga! ? Thank you EVER so much! ? DVB subtitles finally!  ? I really am grateful, Griga, so thank you again SO much! ?