DMS and Windows 10 v.1809

Hansrh

After updating my 3 computers to Windows 10 v.1809 today the 2 computers used as clients is not able to connect to DMS using "Recording Service Wizard", no Recording Service is visible in the box "Select Recording Service". No problem at the computer where DMS is locally installed, there it's visible and works when connecting.

"I've solved it" posts without providing a how-to are extremely annoying for other users who encounter the same problem. Better don't if you don't want to suffer from bad karma!

Problem is that I'm not sure which of my changes made it work again - but obviously updating to version 1809 affected my local network in the sense that the computers used as clients was not able to connect to the computer where DMS is installed.

First action was to make sure that SMB was activated on all computers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etdnBUR5qaE

after restart, then checking services according to this instruction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuhBdM7gPEs

new restart and finally resetting networks and restarting computers.

I don't know what of my actions made it work, but right now it works again, and I'm happy  ;.)

Edited by Hansrh
  • 4 weeks later...

The SATIP detection doesn't seem to work anymore with 1809? I recently switched to a DMS running on a Windows 10 system and none of my DVBViewer clients find the DMS when I try to add a RTSP device in the hardware window. I can add them manually though.

The firewall is disabled on the Windows 10 server. Other satip servers like tvheadend or minisatip are still listed and findeable.