media folders sorting?

Tomasz Olczyk

Please provide a screenshot so I can see how and where the wrong season sorting happens.

The video and recording databases store the season as number, so it is sorted by number. I can't reproduce the issue here. A test with some fake series entries (created by editing recordings) yielded the following result

Zwischenablage01.png

Well, that are obviously folder names that are sorted alphabetically. They can't be sorted by number. I would rename them, e.g. Season 1 -> Season 01or Season  1 (with an additional blank) for getting the desired order.

by the book yes you are right but even your initial example shows different sorting? can this be adjusted to show everywhere same way?

even file explorer lists them in the friendly sort format :)

considering i'm very pedantic with file naming I will do batch rename to correct the issue but still would be nice to have this option especially since it seems you already got it in one place?

speaking of series entries, I have nothing there at all listed and I seem to be missing mymovies options in DVBViewer? is the wiki outdated on this topic?

any info would be appreciated 

https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/34662-myseries-tv-series-info-osd-plugin/

https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/33768-mymovies-movie-info-osd-plugin/

However, I've never used these add-ons and I don't know whether they are still working and usable. If they are present a DMS video database update copies series, season and episode information from the add-on databases (myseries.db3 and mymovies.db3) to its own video database.

Additionally a video database update copies series, season and episode information (if available) from the DMS recording database to the video database. This information can be added manually to recordings in the web interface -> Recordings page -> edit recording by clicking the pencil icon. That's how I did it yesterday for testing.

However, I've experienced that a video database update only copies this information if it sees the recording for the first time, not if it is already in the video database and the series, season and episode information is added/changed later. In this case a complete rebuild of the video database is required. The "Rebuild Video Database" task can be added to the Tasks page of the web interface by ticking the corresponding checkbox in the DMS options -> Tasks -> Show internal tasks.

Since the season information in the DMS databases is a numeric field (no text), correct sorting by number is no problem, in contrast to your case where the season information is a folder name, which is a text field in the database that is sorted alphabetically. The DMS has no idea that it is season-related.

You can even inspect and edit the series, season and episode information in the database directly (while the DMS is stopped) by opening the svcmediaVideo.db3 with the SQLite Browser. -> Browse Data -> select the object_details table -> double-click the field that you want to change. However, create a backup of the file before you start working on it with such tools!