problems with using DVB-T2 and DVB-T cards together

zetka

Hello,

I have a setup where I use two DVB-T PCI Card (Technisat Airstar 2 and AVER Cx2388) and one USB DVB-T2 stick from ASTROMETA. I met with a following problem.  In the setting the DVB-T2 stick is market as DVB-T2 tuner, others are not marked, mostly I use only two devices, one DVB-T and the  DVB-T2. In the Czech rep. we have parralellly DVB-T transmitting and DVB-T2 in SD and HD resolution.

The problem which I would like to consult, is that it depends which tuner is placed first in the hardware list. If there is DVB-T2 stick Astrometa, I can receive all programs, switch between them, DVB-T2  SD or HD, or DVB-T, I suppose that in such case the USB stick is used as primary receiving device and it is used for both standards.

In case that DVB-T card is first in the list,  there is errorneous behaviour. I can switch to the DVB-T channel and I can receive the picture, but it seems that after switching to DVB-T2 transmitted channel, it does not work. No signal strength below, no parameters, it seems like that the DVBViewer selects wrong device for receiving. My opinion is, that the marking of the second device as DVB-T2 capable tuner is not taken in account.

Even the recording from both sources does not work correctly, in case of interest I am able to add details.

Sorry for multiple posting, I moved it to English forum.

Edited by zetka
English post in the German Language section
8 hours ago, zetka said:

but it seems that after switching to DVB-T2 transmitted channel, it does not work.

Most likely the DVB-T2 channels in your channel list are not flagged as DVB-T2. Please check the corresponding checkbox in the channel editor. DVB-T2 channel names should be displayed in blue, DVB-T channel names in black.

I think the reason for it is the lack of feedback from the Astrometa driver whether scan results are DVB-T or DVB-T2. So DVBViewer can't know. However, you can use the scanner and  transponder list editor TransEdit (see download area) to configure all DVB-T2 frequencies as DVB-T2 in the DVB-T/T2 transponder list that is used for scanning. After that scan results in TransEdit and DVBViewer will be flagged correctly.

That's the outcome of buying a very cheap device: More manual work is required. ;)

Yes, you are true, the programs after search are not tagged as DVB-T2, although they do not have it in the name. I was looking into transedit manual and downloaded it, but I was not able to find there a possiblity to tag the program as DVB-T2. Is a window there or maybe is it possible to manually do there in the ini file, where all items about the searched channel are in a text form?

Please give a short hint, how to do that.

15 minutes ago, zetka said:

but I was not able to find there a possiblity to tag the program as DVB-T2.

Of course not. I have written something different:

On 10/16/2018 at 7:17 AM, Griga said:

However, you can use the scanner and  transponder list editor TransEdit (see download area) to configure all DVB-T2 frequencies as DVB-T2 in the DVB-T/T2 transponder list that is used for scanning.

Zwischenablage01.png

Flagging programs as DVB-T2 has to be done in the DVBViewer channel editor.

Hello Griga,

I had no problem to tune the DVB-T2 programs and to store them in the channel list, but you were true, they were not blue and not tagged as DVB-T2, although being transmitted in DVB-T2. After tagging them in program editor to DVB-T2 (I needed to tag every program in the multiplex separately (it is important to press button Apply after every change)), after that the programs changed the colour to blue and since that it works flawelesly, even in the case that the DVB-T PCI card is placed as first in the list.

In Prague we have 12frequency channels, from which 3 are in DVB-T2.

Thanks again for helping. I like the DVBViewer very much so greetings  and I appreciate your help!!

BR,

Vojtech, Prague.

21 hours ago, zetka said:

I needed to tag every program in the multiplex separately

Using TransEdit to tag 3 frequencies in the transponder list as DVB-T2 and then scanning again would have been easier.