Slight jerking with HEVC

vramor

I'm sure that it isn't a DVBViewer's fault but hope DVBViwer Team can to help.

The problem is that there is a slight vertically jerking during reception/playing TS with HD channels coded with HEVC. Here you can find an example of such TS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pRWuLqBDbQHXerLH622zyO-tDjmkTfEm

The settings use LAV Video Decoder and EVR Custom Video Renderer. This effect takes place with this type TS only. There is no problem with somewhat else at all including TS with Ultra HD and HEVC.

Edited by vramor
3 hours ago, vramor said:

The problem is that there is a slight vertically jerking during reception/playing TS with HD channels coded with HEVC.

I think I know what you mean. The ticker of REN HD shows it quite clearly: A slight vertical bobbing if I use the LAV video decoder. Most likely this is the reason (Header Info function of the TransEdit Analyzer):

Zwischenablage01.png

It's quite unusual for HEVC HD. The LAV developer told me some time ago that his video decoder doesn't really support it. Most of the HEVC stuff uses progressive mode. I get the same result without or with hardware accelerated (DXVA) HEVC decoding by the graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce GT 1030).

I've also tried the Cyberlink HEVC decoder without HEVC hardware decoding. The result was much better: The bobbing could hardly be seen.

Thank you very much! This is the reason. I've heard that the last version of MainConcept HEVC decoder gives the reasonable result as well, but I haven't tried it yet. Thank you once more.

20 hours ago, Griga said:

I've also tried the Cyberlink HEVC decoder without HEVC hardware decoding. The result was much better: The bobbing could hardly be seen.

Couldn't you please tell me how did you manage with CyberLink HEVC decoder to register it in the system and DVBViewer could see and assign it as Video Decoder?

There is CyberLink Power Direct 16 installed on my system. Thanks in advance.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Griga said:

The LAV developer told me some time ago that his video decoder doesn't really support it.

Strangely enough MPC-HC plays the same file normally with the same LAV video decoder, no bobbing can be seen.

Meanwhile CyberLink PowerDVD 18 player with HEVC decoder plays this file with bobbing.

Edited by vramor
10 hours ago, vramor said:

Couldn't you please tell me how did you manage with CyberLink HEVC decoder to register it in the system

It's a quite old version. I can't remember where I got it from.

5 hours ago, vramor said:

Strangely enough MPC-HC plays the same file normally with the same LAV video decoder, no bobbing can be seen.

64 bit version?