Triax TSS 400 Not Recognised

Chris Cuthbert

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get the evaluation version of DVBViewer to work with my Triax TSS400.  Although the old SAT>IP Viewer works just fine, DVBViewer seems unable to find the IP server.  Looking at the server I can see that in spite of not recognising the TSS 400 it is actually sending commands for changing channels!  Alas it is unable to do anything more than that i.e no sound or video. 

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

SAT IP Viewer.jpg

DVB Viewer Pro.jpg

6 hours ago, Chris Cuthbert said:

Is this a known issue?

No. Mostly such issues are caused by firewall settings. Sat>IP uses miscellaneous protocols. Sending commands is TCP based. The TV/radio stream and additional information like the signal quality are received as UDP. The detection process uses UPnP / UDP multicast on both sides.

So I guess TCP is allowed in your case, but arriving UDP is blocked for DVBViewer.

3 hours ago, Griga said:

No. Mostly such issues are caused by firewall settings. Sat>IP uses miscellaneous protocols. Sending commands is TCP based. The TV/radio stream and additional information like the signal quality are received as UDP. The detection process uses UPnP / UDP multicast on both sides.

So I guess TCP is allowed in your case, but arriving UDP is blocked for DVBViewer.

Thank you for your fast response.

I'm guessing both TCP and UDP are working.  If either TCP or UDP protocols was not working then DVB SAT>IP Viewer would not work?

FYI

I can connect perfectly using Android Tivizen,  DVB SAT>IP Viewer (on the same computer) and also the Triax IP 100 box.  Only DVBViewer Pro fails!

Normally I would not need DVBViewer Pro, unfortunately, I now need to change the FEC setting for UK BBC HD channels as a result of the BBC changing them.  I am unable to perform this operation on my alternative receiving methods.

Thanks again for your assistance. I'm actually connected via a Lan to Lan link via SSL with multicast enabled. I'm guessing the issue is something to do with "The detection process uses UPnP / UDP multicast on both sides"  Oh well it could have been a nice solution.

I have now confirmed that DVB ViewrPro does work on the other end.

P.S. Here some issues with a Triax TTS 400 & DVBViewer/DVBViewer Media Server/TransEdit have been discussed in the German section of the forum. The result: It works pretty well (confirmed by three users), but two of them had to overcome pitfalls:

• The Triax server doesn't like the "FEC Auto" settings (see DVBViewer Channel Editor - doesn't apply to server detection).
  • One user configured his home network as public network (quite common mistake), but the firewall rules for DVBViewer were set up for a private network.