Multi-PLP problem

RomanSin

The problem is: in Russia the first national air multiplex (10 TV channels and 3 radio programmes) is broadcasted through DVB-T2 in Multi-PLP mode, in order to let some channels inserting local news and advertising. However, it seems DVBViewer is supported only Single-PLP mode, as the channels of the multiplex can be found only partly. In the same time, through the programme developed by the manufacturer of the tuner (Beholder), all the channels of the multiplex are available for watching/listening and recording.

Could you solve this issue?

Edited by RomanSin

Not without an API (Application Programming Interface) from the manufacturer. Every manufacturer implements MPLP differently. Unfortunately there is no common standard. DVBViewer only supports MPLP for some manufacturers with known API (e.g. DVBSky and Digital Devices).

BTW: German DVB-T2 is also using MPLP.

9 hours ago, Griga said:

DVBViewer only supports MPLP for some manufacturers with known API (e.g. DVBSky and Digital Devices).

DVBViewer provides full support MPLP in Russia if the manufacturer of PC tuner developed the true BDA driver for his product. I checked many tuners under DVBViewer with good results for Russian MPLP using tuners from Beholder (Behold TV Cruise), GoTView (MasterHD 3, MasterHD 5), Hauppauge (WinTV-soloHD, WinTV-dualHD), PCTV (290e, 292e),   AVerMedia (AVerTV Hybrid Volar), DVBSky (T680C, T980C), and more. Nevertheless there are many models which can receive PLP 0 only under DVBViewer. To receve all the PLPs, manufacurers offer their own software. For example, AVerMedia for TD310 tuner offers AVer TV, and so on. Some tuners, for example T230, T230C from GeniaTech/MyGica, can receive PLP 1, PLP 2 using the "fake" frequencies if to use DVBViewer. So there is no problem with MPLP at all as to DVBViewer. It could be convenient to prepare a channellist with TransEdit adding for subsequent scanning the proper DVB-T2 frequency with assigning PLP number 0, 1, and 2. Then the result can be imported in DVBViewer. That's all.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb vramor:

DVBViewer provides full support MPLP in Russia if the manufacturer of PC tuner developed the true BDA driver for his product.

That's Interesting. Thanks for information.

DVBViewer uses a generic Microsoft BDA interface as fallback if no vendor specific MPLP interface is known (IBDA_DigitalDemodulator3.put_PLPNumber). It is included in the MS BDA header file, but not documented on MSDN. Up to now I got no feedback that it is working somewhere. It allows to pass a PLP ID to the BDA driver, but doesn't support MPLP auto detection. There is no function that reports the PLP IDs detected by the driver/demodulator to the application.

So if it works in this limited way (if at all) it is necessary to use TransEdit for setting up a transponder list manually that contains the available PLP IDs.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb vramor:

I checked many tuners under DVBViewer with good results for Russian MPLP using tuners from Beholder (Behold TV Cruise), GoTView (MasterHD 3, MasterHD 5), Hauppauge (WinTV-soloHD, WinTV-dualHD), PCTV (290e, 292e),   AVerMedia (AVerTV Hybrid Volar), DVBSky (T680C, T980C), and more.

Full MPLP capabilities (including auto detection) are implemented for Digital Devices, DVBSky, Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD/dualHD (both EMPIA based). That are the DVB devices that I can test myself. Additionally there is working code for Hauppauge HVR devices (particularly HVR-935), but with a driver that I got from Hauppauge for testing when they were still struggling with their MPLP implementation. I have not tested yet if it is working with the official driver.

There are also implementations for TeVii and TBS. For TeVii I got no feedback up to now. User feedback about TBS devices suggest that it is not working as it should, though the code conforms to the sample code in the TBS SDK.

If auto detection is working properly, TransEdit and DVBViewer should automatically detect transponders as DVB-T2 on scanning (which means, set the transponder type correctly), add entries for additional PLP IDs besides the one that is received as default by the driver and scan the corresponding streams too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Griga said:

That's Interesting. Thanks for information.

DVBViewer uses a generic Microsoft BDA interface as fallback if no vendor specific MPLP interface is known (IBDA_DigitalDemodulator3.put_PLPNumber). It is included in the MS BDA header file, but not documented on MSDN. Up to now I got no feedback that it is working somewhere. It allows to pass a PLP ID to the BDA driver, but doesn't support MPLP auto detection. There is no function that reports the PLP IDs detected by the driver/demodulator to the application.

So if it works in this limited way (if at all) it is necessary to use TransEdit for setting up a transponder list manually that contains the available PLP IDs.

Full MPLP capabilities (including auto detection) are implemented for Digital Devices, DVBSky, Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD/dualHD (both EMPIA based). That are the DVB devices that I can test myself. Additionally there is working code for Hauppauge HVR devices (particularly HVR-935), but with a driver that I got from Hauppauge for testing when they were still struggling with their MPLP implementation. I have not tested yet if it is working with the official driver.

There are also implementations for TeVii and TBS. For TeVii I got no feedback up to now. User feedback about TBS devices suggest that it is not working as it should, though the code conforms to the sample code in the TBS SDK.

If auto detection is working properly, TransEdit and DVBViewer should automatically detect transponders as DVB-T2 on scanning (which means, set the transponder type correctly), add entries for additional PLP IDs besides the one that is received as default by the driver and scan the corresponding streams too.

They have posted the SDK for there devices that contain the PLP interface. I don't have this card, but if the one requesting above could test, I think it will be easy to add PLP support.

bhkspex_dvb.zip

• Thanks 1