DVBViewer Pro doesn't recognize my CI modules!

PoeticFlower

Hello All,

I just bought a DVBViewer Pro, and I want to use it to watch DVB-C TV.

It works for the free programs.

But I tried to use CI Module to watch non-free programs, it does not  work at all.
It seems that DVBViewer Pro doesn't recognize the CI module.

I also tried DVBDream and TBSViewer, both of them work for non-free programs.

So could you tell me what is the problem? Is it a issue of DVBViewer Pro or my  operation problem?

I have two CI modules, Irdeto and DVN. They have the same problem.

Thanks,
Poetic Flower

Edited by PoeticFlower

Is TbsCIapi.dll present in your installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is)? If not, you did not install the TBS CI support. Download the latest DLL version from the TBS site and store it in the DVBViewer installation folder.

If TbsCIapi.dll is already present in your installation folder, your hardware has not been detected as TBS device. In this case please attach a support.zip. so we can see how it can be corrected manually.

I have installed the newest version of DVBViewer Pro 6.1.2.

So there is TbsCIapi.dll in the installation folder of DVBViewer Pro.

I also tried some things today:

1. Replace TbsCIAPI.dll with the file in TBSViewer, then I can watch the first non-free program when I Open the DVBViewer Pro. But when I change the channels, It still fails. And when I watch the program for a while, it crashed.

2. Replace TbsCIAPI.dll with the newest version I have downloads from TBS website tbs-cidll_v1.0.2.2.dll, I got the same result.

If I didn't replace the TbsCIAPI.dll, I can't watch any non-free program.

The attachment is the support.zip.

I know that TBSViewer is a TBS OEM media Player, which is bases on DVBViewer technology, so it is very strange  for me that DVBViewer Pro doesn't work while TBSViewer works.

Thanks,
Poetic Flower

support.zip

Edited by PoeticFlower
vor 20 Stunden schrieb PoeticFlower:

I can watch the first non-free program when I Open the DVBViewer Pro. But when I change the channels, It still fails. And when I watch the program for a while, it crashed.

Unfortunately the TBS CI implementation is known to be quite unstable. In some cases it crashes, in other cases it doesn't. Even slight differences may take effect on it. Here watching encrypted channels and switching to other encrypted channels works with my TBS USB Box and DVBViewer Pro 6.1.2. There are other issues under Windows 10 (sometimes the box is in an unusable state after hibernate), but that's not the point here.

Anyway... I will try to get the old OEM code and compare it with the current DVBViewer Pro Code. Maybe it reveales something..  I hope I will find some time for it next weekend.

I also made some try today, I tried to replace TBSCiAPI.dll with TBSCIAPI1.dll of TBSViewer folder, and it was also very unstable.

But when I tried to replace TBSCiAPI.dll with TBSCIAPI1.dll of TBSViewer folder, it is much stable now. Although it seems to be not fluent for a very little time after I watch encrypted channels for 35min. But now I have watched for more than 1 hours, and it still works now.

So it seems to be a TBSCIAPI.dll problems, I'm not sure whether it will bring other issues when I replace this file, because I have only one TBS USB device.

I think there should be some reasons , so that TBSViewer added 3 CIAPI DLLs (TBSCIAPI.dll TBSCIAPI1.dll TBSCIAPI2.dll).

Thanks,

Poetic Flower