Record total information in TS container

SuppaMan

Hi,

I come from another DVB software and now I use DVBViewer to record shows from TV in TS format. However doing a scan on a recorded file with a DVB inspector software it came out that DVBViewer is not recording all the information provided with the transmission. I'll attach a photo:

immagine.png

DVBViewer is "losing" some information like "CAT", "TDT, TOT, ST" and "NIT"...
In the recording section of DVBViewer I see only half of the informations, which are correctly recorded. Can the recording of these information be implemented?
Thank you for your time,
vor 41 Minuten schrieb SuppaMan:

DVBViewer is "losing" some information like "CAT", "TDT, TOT, ST" and "NIT"...

DVBViewer "loses" it purposely because it is not required for playing the file. For almost all users it would be a useless overhead. Additionally DVBViewer "loses" most of the original PAT/PMT, or with other words, reduces it to the actual file content, because some players can't cope with information about channels and streams that are not contained in the file.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb SuppaMan:

Can the recording of these information be implemented? 

There are no plans to implement it.

Thank you!

Is it very difficult to implement this function of recording all data and muxing only the selected video track? I'm looking for a stable program that allows me to record that way (and with scheduling) and, beyond DVBViewer, I can not find anything else...

Moreover, my card is a DigitalDevices one, and DVBViewer seems like the recommended program to work with this card...

• 5 months later...
On 12/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, SuppaMan said:

Is it very difficult to implement this function of recording all data and muxing only the selected video track?

Do you already have the DVBViewer Media Server? I've just tried - It can be done by using it in combination with DVBViewer.

It roughly works like this: The Media Server allows to export a M3U playlist containing HTTP URLs for all channels of your channel list (or selectively only your favourites). This M3U file can be imported into the DVBViewer channel list where the URL based channel entries appear as belonging to the TS Stream reception type. The URLs can be modified so that the Server delivers additional PIDs besides the channel stream. It may look like this:

http://127.0.0.1:7522/upnp/channelstream/2359890883044192028%7CVOX.ts?pids=1,18,20

If you record one of these channels in DVBViewer by using the Timer Action = Transponder Dump option (see Timer Recordings Window), DVBViewer records all data sent by the server, which means, video, audo and teletext of the channel plus the additional data defined by the pids=... parameter.

The Transponder Dump option can be made the default action by selecting it on Options -> Recordings -> Actions -> Default recording action.

No, I don't have it, for now...
(I assume) the solution you are providing is good, but I was searching for a simple thing like press the record button and that's all, without involving any secondary TS-stream thing in my PC/network!

I also noticed that in every one-channel recording, the header "Service provider" is set to "DVBViewer Media Server", which obliviously isn't the original value, so DVBViewer in addition to discard the information described above, also adds a custom header (this does not occur with the full transponder dump).
I reported this information because I'm trying to record the most information possible, without discarding nothing (or the minumum...) from the original raw TS, in a simple way.
Oh, well.. I will dump the full trasponder of the channel I'm watching if there's no other simple way.
But, I will always think that this feature would be a great added value for this software, at least logging these information in the recording log!

Sorry, I did't had noticed the option for the default setting, thank you very much!
I noticed a little imperfection: when this option is selected, the dropdown menu text keep saying "record current channel", instead of "record the full trasponder" (in my language this doesn't occur, because the text is simply "record" in both cases).

Edited by SuppaMan
3 hours ago, SuppaMan said:

(I assume) the solution you are providing is good, but I was searching for a simple thing like press the record button and that's all

That's what it comes down to after it is configured.

I also noticed that in every one-channel recording, the header "Service provider" is set to "DVBViewer Media Server",

How can you know if you don't have the Media Server "for now"??? I know what you mean, but you are getting on the wrong track. It does not apply to what I proposed.

But, I will always think that this feature would be a great added value for this software

You are the only one who asked for it up to now. There is no great value for us implementing it, so we won't do it. After all, I have the impression that your need for it is not very urgent...

I noticed a little imperfection: when this option is selected, the dropdown menu text keep saying "record current channel", instead of "record the full trasponder"

The default action applies to timer recordings scheduled via the EPG.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

That's what it comes down to after it is configured.

Yes, I know, I wasn't clear enough. The point is that i want to keep the thing simple, and there's no reason to set additional network stream and record these, also I specify I want to keep as close to the raw TS, and this way don't help me...

2 hours ago, Griga said:

How can you know if you don't have the Media Server "for now"??? I know what you mean, but you are getting on the wrong track. It does not apply to what I proposed.

That header is set with standard DVBViewer, without the media server add-on (that's strange).

2 hours ago, Griga said:

You are the only one who asked for it up to now. There is no great value for us implementing it, so we won't do it. After all, I have the impression that your need for it is not very urgent...

I guess it doesn't require a lot of work to implement, but that's not the point, I didn't specify any urgency and that's not a problem for you.

I know that you will not implement it, then patience, I'll just stick with it until I'll find a better solution.

It's been years since I'm searching for a program that allows me to record the information I need from a transponder, without strange solution like streaming with the media server and so on, and I tried ALL the softwares available for Windows, and I think DVBViewer is the most stable (also is what is my card bundled with), so I think I have to accept the compromise about the information loss or the full transponder.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

The default action applies to timer recordings scheduled via the EPG.

Yes, but I't applied also to the record button, anche the action of the right-click "Record current channel", so (I think) the text has to be changed.

1 hour ago, SuppaMan said:

That header is set with standard DVBViewer, without the media server add-on (that's strange).

That's because you are recording with the "Include EPG Data" option ticked. It extracts the now/next information from the EPG data and stores it in a way so that players like VLC can process and display it when playing recordings.

also I specify I want to keep as close to the raw TS,

That's exactly what you would get from the Media Server when using the pids=... parameter.

without strange solution like streaming with the media server and so on

Nowadays media streaming is no "strange solution" anymore, but it's getting more and more the normal case. That's why the DVBViewer capabilities as streaming client havee been considerably enhanced in the last two years, including the reception of Internet TV/Radio. Future DVBViewer versions will probably be bundled with a "Media Server Basic" version and work as Media Server client by default. Many people are already using it in this way now.

28 minutes ago, Griga said:

That's because you are recording with the "Include EPG Data" option ticked. It extracts the now/next information from the EPG data and stores it in a way so that players like VLC can process and display it when playing recordings.

What does have the edited header have to do with the EPG? The header is for the name of the "Service provider", which is discarded and replaced with a custom "DVBViewer media server". The EPG is read by VLC anyhow, with or without that information. The dump of a full trasponder does not edit this header, and the file with the EPG is perfectly read by VLC and other programs.

28 minutes ago, Griga said:

Nowadays media streaming is no "strange solution" anymore, but it's getting more and more the normal case. That's why the DVBViewer capabilities as streaming client havee been considerably enhanced in the last two years, including the reception of Internet TV/Radio. Future DVBViewer versions will probably be bundled with a "Media Server Basic" version and work as Media Server client by default. Many people are already using it in this way now.

It's a "strange solution" for my target. That's not what I am looking for. I'll try the GE edition, because all these streaming-based features are unnecessary for me. I hope the GE edition will work better for my target.

Edited by SuppaMan
45 minutes ago, SuppaMan said:

What does have the edited header have to do with the EPG?

https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/61344-how-to-record-shows-epg-title-in-ts-file-visible-in-vlc-player/

45 minutes ago, SuppaMan said:

I'll try the GE edition, because all these streaming-based features are unnecessary for me.

You can use streaming in DVBViewer GE as well :)There is no other solution. You are wasting your time.

Sorry, by " streaming-based features " I was meaning unnecessary features like OSD, because I just want to record things.

However, in the GE edition I was unable to record the full transponder. Is there a different option to do so or I just have to use the Pro edition?

Another thing: I currently have installed the Pro version in two different PCs, with the same "full transponder record" and "record log" options enabled.

In one of the two PCs the log (and the recording statistics) of 50% of the recordings show an error in the stream, without reason, because with a stream analyzer I could not find errors. THe other PC's recordings are fine.
The error is usually at 00:00:00.

What this problem could be related to?

This is a portion of the logfile:

10:00:56 / 00:00:00 (~ 0,00 MB) Start
10:00:57 / 00:00:00 (~ 1,47 MB) Errors: 1
10:01:08 / 00:00:12 (~ 36,26 MB) Stop

Thank you!

Edited by SuppaMan