Incomplete EPG while reading some terrestial stream

sadownik

Hello, seems that DVBViewer improperly parsing EIT PID in following stream: (165MB 60 seconds of multiplex)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_annlpq1BqLn3IegEEsFVsh7dd7niDi/view?usp=sharing

Picture - TsReaderLite 2.8.5.3a (transport file stream loop open with above file) and DVBViewer 6.1.2.0 (DVB File device and above file as hardware)

DVBViewer-vs-TsReaderLite.thumb.png.9e01d31cd3a69d9f4c1b57e8cc535994.png

I suppose, that this stream is slightly out of ETSI,  but hardware receivers: LCD/LED TV and STB DVB-T and TSReader "seeing" all EPG.

support.zip

P.S. There is something I can see already now in the TransEdit Analyzer. The broadcaster is using the same Event ID for different programs (or more to the point, for the same program at different times). This does not comply with the DVB specifications (Event IDs must be unique and unambiguous) and quite troublesome for software that does not just receive the EPG data, but stores it in a database. Read more about it here.

TransEdit (see download area, it's similar to TSReader) just lists the arriving data and doesn't mind. But in DVBViewer it's a different thing, because it does a lot more with the data...

Zwischenablage01.jpg

16 hours ago, Griga said:

The broadcaster is using the same Event ID for different programs

Yes, this is exactly problem with my country also, so the same solution should work without problems.

6 minutes ago, Alan_SP said:

Yes, this is exactly problem with my country

Not necessarily. As far as I can see,  your broadcaster only re-uses Event IDs on EPG updates for different programs. DVBViewer 6.1.2 and DMS 2.1.2 provide measures against this bad habit, so maybe your solution is not needed anymore.

However, in the case described above Event IDs are probably re-used within one  set of EPG data, which would be even worse.

Thanks for quick clarify.

Before sending request to broadcaster ("we are innocent > look at hardware receivers") - where ETSI claims about unique Event IDs? 

I'm thinking about import EIT from RS service, editing in EPG collect, rename every EVENT_ID to hmm maybe time based logic  and send back to RS (for testing - fortunately it is not permanent situation).

30 minutes ago, sadownik said:

where ETSI claims about unique Event IDs? 

ETSI EN 300 468  V1.15.1

5.2.4  Event Information Table (EIT)

Semantics for the event information section:

event_id: This 16-bit field contains the identification number of the described event (uniquely allocated within a
service definition).

• 2 months later...