Media Server Language setting

Tony

When you set the language (Configuration > Language) to czech (and some other languages), the Favorites channel list does not open. The service is still searching for the Favorites folder. When you set the English language, everything is OK.

I usually don't perceive the language setting, so I don't know since when the problem occurred...

Windows 10 1809, DVBViewer 6.1.2.0, DVBV Media Server 2.1.2.0

svcdebug.log

4 hours ago, Tony said:

DMS Web Interface, Favorites Channel Tree 

Ok, I can reproduce it now. It seems to happen if the translation for "Favourites" contains (Non-ASCII) Unicode characters. Same issue with Russian. I'll try to fix it in the next release. As a work-around you can change in rc_czech.lng

lngFav=Oblíbené

to pure ASCII

lngFav=Oblibene

and then restart the DMS

Overriding the term Oblíbené using only ASCII characters will resolve the display problem, but will not resolve the cause.

I've completely accidentally discovered this problem when resolving other issues caused by the latest Windows 10 update (for example, to re-access DMS to a network drive).

I'm unfortunately unable to determine when the problem occurred (when updating Windows 10 or DVBViewer & Media Server). As I wrote, I use the Czech or English languages quite randomly, and likewise the choice of favourite….

Thanks Griga !