Griga

Hotbird Channel List: Help Needed

Griga

I would like to provide an up-to date Hotbird 13°E channel list in the upcoming DVBViewer release. However, my Hotbird reception conditions are not sufficient (dish too small ;)). There are several DVB-S2 transponders that I can't receive properly.

Is there anybody who can help? I need the unfiltered results of "Scan All" performed with TransEdit and exported as INI channel list, requiring the following steps:

1. Copy the attached fairly complete Hotbird  transponder list to the Transponders sub-directory of the configuration folder. Or use your own list if you believe you have a better one.
  2. Select the Hotbird transponder list on the left side of the TransEdit main window. Check if DiSEqC must be adjusted. Then click "Scan All".
  3. Switch all filtering off in the scanner window: Filter 1 = Both, Filter 2 = Both, Filter 3 = all checkboxes ticked. I can filter it later according to my needs.
  4. After the scan is done select Category = Provider (Root doesn't matter), click "Select All" and then "Export to File".
  5. Zip the INI channel list and attach it here.

Thanks in advance... :)

DVB-S_0130.ini

Darwin

Mach' ich gleich mal. Muss erstmal Essen...

edit:

Satt!

Scan mit TBS 5520 SE (S2X-Tuner) und Transedit 4.2.1.1

Im zip:

* Hotbird 13.0°E_Channels.ini (Kategorie: Provider)

* DVB-S_0130.ini (aktualisiert durch NIT-Auswertung)

* dvbv_Scan_End.jpg (Kontrolle, ob Einstellungen wie gewünscht)

Falls was nicht passt > Nachfragen!

transfer.zip

Edited by Darwin

Griga

Thanks a lot! However, there is one thing that doesn't work out. FEC is in all scan results "auto". Did you use the "Always scan with auto FEC dectection" option? This is fine for people with devices that are able to auto-detect the FEC, but for others the result is unusable.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to correct it. So can you please perform the scan again with this option swiched off?

Griga

Thanks again. Here are the resulting (reworked) Hotbird channel lists for the upcoming release:

Hotbird_Channels.zip

You can store them in the DVBViewer installation directory\Default\Channels subdirectory.

If someone wants or needs to know: Exported INI channel lists can be re-imported in TransEdit 4.2. Just drag & drop them into the TransEdit main window. TransEdit will automatically detect that it is a channel list (no transponder list) and display it in the scanner window as if scanned. You can do almost everything with it that you can do with a "fresh" scan, e.g. apply filter options, export parts of it, preview channels etc.

Griga

@Darwin: Would you do it again for the upcoming release? Or anybody else who is able to provide a complete Hotbird channel list? For instructions see my first post.

Here is the updated Hotbird transponder list:

<attachment removed>

Griga

Thanks :)  I've updated the Hotbird transponder list again according to your findings and information from Lyngsat:

DVB-S_0130.ini