PIP with 1 or more scrambled channel

Etienne

I have seen that PIP is only working for FTA channels on same transponder.

If we have mixed FTA/ scrambled channels on same transponder, is it possible to add 1 scrambled channel to PIP ?

Modern PCMCIA have at minimum 2 channel decrambling capability, so limit could be adjusted via programmable parameter.

I have also seen that if we have 2 DVB cards with boths FTA only channels, (i have 1 DVB-S2 and 1 DVB-T), it isent possible to mix them to PIP.

I think this is not coded.

This feature could be nice to strap commercials .....

11 minutes ago, Etienne said:

I have seen that PIP is only working for FTA channels on same transponder.

No problem here to watch a FTA channel in the main window and a scrambled channel from the same transponder as PiP with a single tuner (DVBSky S960C with CI).

16 minutes ago, Etienne said:

I have also seen that if we have 2 DVB cards with boths FTA only channels, (i have 1 DVB-S2 and 1 DVB-T), it isent possible to mix them to PIP.

I think this is not coded.

I don't understand what you mean...

19 hours ago, Griga said:

No problem here to watch a FTA channel in the main window and a scrambled channel from the same transponder as PiP with a single tuner (DVBSky S960C with CI).

Yes this is working.

What is not working is Mosaic with 1 scrambled channel ( or more scrambled channels if cam is capable).

My quest was not right at all

I don't understand what you mean...

Hum it's working now.

RS was perhaps busy with a other client when I tested

What is not solved is main window via pcmcia and PIP asked for second channel on same Transponder via PCMCIA if PCMCIA is capable.

• 3 years later...

I understood the idea that it would be nice to see two scrambled channels at a time, one in the main window and the second in PIP. CI modules and cards allow it (at least 2 streams just due PIP/recording on almost each stb receiver). It is also not possible to record one channel and display another (both scrambled), it's probably the same issue.

Search the forum for MultiPID, either by using the forum search (see top right of this page), or Google with site:dvbviewer.tv MultiPID, and you will probably find what you need.

10 hours ago, oldgringo said:

CI modules and cards allow it

Not all of them. ;)