TBS 5580 doesnt work anymore on DVBViewer 6.1.3

micaelsilva

The new version added the feature to use the multistandard board without the external changer application, but on this USB board it doenst work at all anymore.

I took a look and found out that when the hadware.xml includes the <entry name="MultiStandard">1</entry> the USB board isn't recognized by the application.

I tried with the latest driver (1.0.0.3) on Windows 7 32bits and Windows 10 64bits, same issues.

support.zip

Edited by micaelsilva
Added support.zip

Sorry for that, but that's the risk of implementing something that I can't test myself.

I had a tester for a TBS 5520 who confirmed that it's working, and information from TBS saying that the mode switching API applies to the TBS 5520 and 5580. But your report suggests that it doesn't.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb micaelsilva:

I took a look and found out that when the hadware.xml includes the <entry name="MultiStandard">1</entry> the USB board isn't recognized by the application.

Initializing the device fails because a mode switching API call returns an error code, I guess. We have to ask TBS again how it is supposed to work.

Removing the line should make it work again. However, as a consequence switching to the required mode must be performed with the external TBS application.

I've used this board on Linux before with minisatip and it switches modes with no problem. I'll poke arround to see the DVBViewer can switch modes in some sort of way.

Tell me if you want me to test something.

• 2 weeks later...

We got a reply from TBS saying that the 5580/5590 devices require a longer delay after mode switching than the 5520 before the device initialization can continue.

I've coded it now accordingly, which means, after successful mode switching DVBViewer/DMS will try up to three times to continue device initialization, each time with a 3000 ms delay. If mode switching fails, DVBViewer/DMS will not cancel the whole procedure anymore, but automatically fall back to the old handling where mode switching has to be performed by using the external tool. Additionally there will be some error logging.

The changes will be part of the upcoming bugfix release.