Recording multiple channels

Luculescu Claudiu Eduard

Hello,

I just bought the software and I have a doubt and I hope you people can help me, if not there's no difference between DVBViewer and DVBC-TVR ( My tunner official software )

As feature on website appears:  recording of multiple channels mediafiles in the same time. 

How can I do this? When I'm trying to record two channels in same time they appear with red color in Scheldues tab and the second scheldue isn't starting until the first one is stopped.

Please help me, thanks!

Recording multiple channels at the same time requires one tuner per channel, except if the channels are located on the same transponder (same frequency), which means, they are transmitted in the same data stream. In this case they can be recorded simultaneously with a single tuner.

For recording three channels at the same time, two located on the same frequency and another one on a different frequency, you would need two tuners.

DVBViewer supports using multiple tuners at the same time for recording. However, you need to buy them...

I guess this what Griga mentioned is the case.

When I said that I tested it with recording 6 channels (3+3), it means I have USB stick with two tuners and that each tuner recorded 3 programs in same mux. And I know which programs are in which mux, so I would know if I'm trying to record something from third mux, which wouldn't work as I have "only" two tuners (in one device).

Edited by Alan_SP

Hello,

DVBViewer manages the receiver by itself. Just program recordings, manually or from EPG. If a programmed recording is not possible, it is marked in the recording planer in red. And if on can't tune to a program because of recordings on other transponders, DVBViewer doesn't tune to it. Don't worry, be happy - there is no risk for recordings.

In the channel list you can activate via rightclick a filter the shows only the available progams.

Many greetings

Webturtle