DVB_subtitles after cutting

sypta

Hello,

can DVBViewer Video Editor save DVB_subtitles to .MKV after cutting of .TS?

I tried free demo before buying, but was not able to do it. Here is my procedure, maybe I did something wrong:

Here is input file info, it's DVB-T2 stream with 4 audio streams and DVB_subtitle stream:

Stream #0:0[0x8a2]: Video: hevc (Main) ([36][0][0][0] / 0x0024), yuv420p(tv), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 50 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x8ac](cze): Audio: aac_latm (LC) ([17][0][0][0] / 0x0011), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp
    Stream #0:2[0x8ad](qaa): Audio: aac_latm (LC) ([17][0][0][0] / 0x0011), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp
    Stream #0:3[0x8ae](cze): Audio: ac3 ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0:4[0x8af](cze): Audio: aac_latm (LC) ([17][0][0][0] / 0x0011), 48000 Hz, mono, fltp (visual impaired) (descriptions) (dependent)
    Stream #0:5[0x8ca](cze): Subtitle: dvb_subtitle ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006) (hearing impaired)

After cutting I want to retain 2 audio streams - one original language, one dubbed language and DVB_subtitles, all streams without re-encoding.

1) I modified .MKV saving profile with this syntax: "ffmpeg -i input.TS -map 0:0 -map 0:3 -map 0:2 -map 0:5 -c copy output.MKV"

2) Performed cutting of the beginning and the end of the movie on I-Frames

3) Saved - bud with syntax in point 1) video is not being saved at all!

4) I modified .MKV saving profile and removed stream 0:5 with subtitles: "ffmpeg -i input.TS -map 0:0 -map 0:3 -map 0:2 -c copy output.MKV"

5) Video saved flawlessly (but without subtitles)

It seems like there is some problem with DVB_subtitle stream 0:5. When I use pure ffmpeg conversion "ffmpeg -i input.TS -map 0:0 -map 0:3 -map 0:2 -map 0:5 -c copy output.MKV" from command line without cutting in DVBViewer Editor, everything runs flawlessly. I get video with 2 audio streams, one DVB_subtitle stream, but UNCUT.

Where should by the problem please?

Thank you for all answers!

Currently experiencing some strange subtitle behaviour as well.

Subtitles are supposed to be present in the final cut (.ts file), I can select them (even though marked "_und"), but they don't appear on screen.

When I use CCExtractor on the final cut, it does detect subtitles on most files, but not all!

Can't be of any help, but hope to find answers in this thread.

• 6 months later...

I am trying the demo version of video editor. Trying to trim the TS video but the audio streams are fine but not the sub-title. using native Trim, the output has kept all subtitle stream as "_und" but it does not contain any text to display. When I switch to use ffmpeg, no subtitle stream is kept. Please advice. This problem has stopped me from buying the add-on.