error script engine VBScript

Nayef

• 1 month later...

The problem appears when I change the language of the system in Windows to Arabic,

in previous versions there is no problem,

this problem is also found in Media Server, where some characters appear as (???)

Am 17.3.2019 um 07:05 schrieb Nayef:

The problem appears when I change the language of the system in Windows to Arabic,

Did you change the language for your user account or for non-Unicode programs or both to Arabic? Please check the administrative tab of the regional settings. You can read more about it here. Parts of DVBViewer are still not Unicode-compatible, thus requiring to set up the language for non-Unicode programs correctly.

Concerning the Media Server, it has to be considered that it is not running in your user account, but like most Windows services in a system account. The administrative tab of the regional settings allows to copy the user account settings to the system account.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, Griga said:

Did you change the language for your user account or for non-Unicode programs or both to Arabic? Please check the administrative tab of the regional settings. You can read more about it here. Parts of DVBViewer are still not Unicode-compatible, thus requiring to set up the language for non-Unicode programs correctly.

Concerning the Media Server, it has to be considered that it is not running in your user account, but like most Windows services in a system account. The administrative tab of the regional settings allows to copy the user account settings to the system account.

The settings are correct but the problem still exists
Before upgrading the last version I have no problem ...

After upgrading to the latest version the problem appeared

Which version did you use before?

I can't reproduce the problem. I did the following:

• Set the language for non-Unicode programs to Arabic (United Arab Emirates) -> reboot
  • Set the language for my user account to Arabic (United Arab Emirates)
  • Set the DVBViewer language to Arabic
  • Relaunch DVBViewer

I get no error whatsowever. I can't read Arabic, but the UI looks ok for me. However, I have no Arabic channel names in my list. Maybe your channel list (channels.dat) is required to reproduce the error.