jactkwn

Problems on using DMS

jactkwn

I have tried DMS to record several Youtube channels, but the recordings are 'corrupted', no timecode shown, and cannot be opened/deleted easily through Windows Explorer. I need to open the file inside the player. But nothing wrong when I record other non-Youtube channels. How to fix the issue?

And is there a way to update the channel list of DMS instantly, so I don't need to restart the computer?

Many thanks.

Griga
vor 2 Stunden schrieb jactkwn:

the recordings are 'corrupted', no timecode shown, and cannot be opened/deleted easily through Windows Explorer.

May be a consequence of removing the clock reference. The Explorer may get into trouble or even crash if the decoder or other components used for thumbnail creation can't cope with the file content somehow.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jactkwn:

is there a way to update the channel list of DMS instantly, so I don't need to restart the computer?

You only need to stop / restart the DMS by using the DMS tray menu.

jactkwn
5 hours ago, Griga said:

May be a consequence of removing the clock reference. The Explorer may get into trouble or even crash if the decoder or other components used for thumbnail creation can't cope with the file content somehow.

No improvement. I have tried to record after unclicking removing the clock reference, and the recording still can't show duration on the explorer.

For non-Youtube channels, even if I click the removing the clock reference, the recording can still show duration

BTW, how to "save" the recordings that fail to create thumbnail?

Edited by jactkwn

Griga
vor 30 Minuten schrieb jactkwn:

the recording still can't show duration on the explorer.

Most likely because the broadcasted time stamps are corrupted. Sometimes internet streams are quite far away  from being "clean". You can try to use TSPlayer (see download area -> tools) for re-recording the file and applying a time stamp continuity correction. Read more about it here and here.

jactkwn
1 hour ago, Griga said:

Most likely because the broadcasted time stamps are corrupted. Sometimes internet streams are quite far away  from being "clean". You can try to use TSPlayer (see download area -> tools) for re-recording the file and applying a time stamp continuity correction. Read more about it here and here.

Not really working. However, I can see the correct duration from Day 1 when I play it in players. Just have difficulties in creating thumbnails and thus difficult to open/delete thru Windows Explorer.

Edited by jactkwn

jactkwn

Now I face another question: DMS will “hang” suddenly, which I have not experienced before.

how can I solve/prevent it?