Problems on using DMS

jactkwn

I have tried DMS to record several Youtube channels, but the recordings are 'corrupted', no timecode shown, and cannot be opened/deleted easily through Windows Explorer. I need to open the file inside the player. But nothing wrong when I record other non-Youtube channels. How to fix the issue?

And is there a way to update the channel list of DMS instantly, so I don't need to restart the computer?

Many thanks.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jactkwn:

the recordings are 'corrupted', no timecode shown, and cannot be opened/deleted easily through Windows Explorer.

May be a consequence of removing the clock reference. The Explorer may get into trouble or even crash if the decoder or other components used for thumbnail creation can't cope with the file content somehow.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jactkwn:

is there a way to update the channel list of DMS instantly, so I don't need to restart the computer?

You only need to stop / restart the DMS by using the DMS tray menu.

5 hours ago, Griga said:

May be a consequence of removing the clock reference. The Explorer may get into trouble or even crash if the decoder or other components used for thumbnail creation can't cope with the file content somehow.

No improvement. I have tried to record after unclicking removing the clock reference, and the recording still can't show duration on the explorer.

For non-Youtube channels, even if I click the removing the clock reference, the recording can still show duration

BTW, how to "save" the recordings that fail to create thumbnail?

Edited by jactkwn
vor 30 Minuten schrieb jactkwn:

the recording still can't show duration on the explorer.

Most likely because the broadcasted time stamps are corrupted. Sometimes internet streams are quite far away  from being "clean". You can try to use TSPlayer (see download area -> tools) for re-recording the file and applying a time stamp continuity correction. Read more about it here and here.

1 hour ago, Griga said:

Most likely because the broadcasted time stamps are corrupted. Sometimes internet streams are quite far away  from being "clean". You can try to use TSPlayer (see download area -> tools) for re-recording the file and applying a time stamp continuity correction. Read more about it here and here.

Not really working. However, I can see the correct duration from Day 1 when I play it in players. Just have difficulties in creating thumbnails and thus difficult to open/delete thru Windows Explorer.

Edited by jactkwn
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 12:21 AM, jactkwn said:

Not really working. However, I can see the correct duration from Day 1 when I play it in players. Just have difficulties in creating thumbnails and thus difficult to open/delete thru Windows Explorer.

I wonder if there is any other solution? Mant thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, jactkwn said:

I wonder if there is any other solution? Mant thanks.

I wonder if we are able to choose recording all streaming into mp4 format. That may solve the problem. Many thanks.

Am 19.7.2020 um 12:40 schrieb jactkwn:

I wonder if we are able to choose recording all streaming into mp4 format.

Not possible. You can only let the DMS transcode recordings to MP4 after they are finished by selectiing "Generate MP4/MP3" as task after recording in the web interface timer dialog.

Generally you are providing too little information for getting help. You should at least attach a support.zip.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:04 PM, Griga said:

Not possible. You can only let the DMS transcode recordings to MP4 after they are finished by selectiing "Generate MP4/MP3" as task after recording in the web interface timer dialog.

Generally you are providing too little information for getting help. You should at least attach a support.zip.

I am simply saying if the file name of recording can be .mp4 at least, just like if I use streamlink, I can choose using file name with .mp4 instead of .ts

So the recording is still in MPEG transport stream format but with file name ending with .mp4

Am 23.7.2020 um 15:40 schrieb jactkwn:

So the recording is still in MPEG transport stream format but with file name ending with .mp4

Why? Doesn't make sense to me.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, Griga said:

Why? Doesn't make sense to me.

as mentioned above, 

I have tried DMS to record several Youtube channels, but the recordings are 'corrupted', no timecode shown, and cannot be opened/deleted easily through Windows Explorer. I need to open the file inside the player. 

If the file name is ending with .mp4, no thumbnail will be created so the file can be  played normally.