Search EPG window in web interface

jirim100

Good day.

Last days I moved from Recording service 1.33.2 to Media server 2.1.4. All is ok except the Search window in web interface where missing edit box for editing/adjusting name of recording.

Of course I can click to button "více.."(more..) but, then I have to scroll down to edit/adjust this name and to enable (set check box) recordings for adding. Additionally, after every (!) new performed searching I have to click to button  "více.."(more..) again and again... for adjusting name of recording etc.

Why you removed this edit box?? Most of time when I'm planning recordings to next week I need to ONLY change the name of recording.

image.thumb.png.5a19d233ea437a6e2b3feb2292de9545.png

And please, put back edit boxes for "Lead Time" and for "Follow Up time" to upper too - these was along with edit box for adjusting name in Recording service 1.33.2 too and I used these boxes very often too.

After performing new seach - in Recording service 1.33.2 - text in edit box for adjusting name + value in "lead time" box + value in "follow up time" was reset to default values - this is correct behavior. In Media server these values ("File Naming Scheme", "Lead Time", "Follow Up time") after performing new search don't reset to default values and hide (I have to ALWAYS click to "More..." button) - sorry but this is totally horrible!! Why you remove these three boxes, which was in Recording service?

Can you do it ??? Very Please!  I used/use Recording service, now Media server, every (!) week for about 6 years. These "details" will save me a lot of work, indeed!

Am 6.2.2019 um 15:14 schrieb jirim100:

All is ok except the Search window in web interface where missing edit box for editing/adjusting name of recording.

I don't know what you mean, because I can't remember how the old Recording Service web interface looked like. On this RS wiki screenshot I can't see a "name of recording" input field.

However, after checking the EPG Search page I can see one problem: After getting a lot of search results and scrolling down to the bottom of the page, clicking the "More" button doesn't take you up to the top of the page where the input fields are located. It just scrolls up a bit, and the rest has to be done manually. This is not really convenient.

@janee who is qite good in javascript and such stuff found a solution for it. Open epg_search.html with a text editor. The file is located in the SVCweb sub-directory of the DVBViewer installation folder. Search the following function and add the red line to it

$('#more').click(function () {
    $('#details').toggle();
    document.getElementById("details").scrollIntoView();    
  });

Save, reload the EPG Search page in the browser by pressing F5 and try if it works better.

On the following picture is the old Search EPG window from Recording service 1.33.2 AFTER (very important point) performing search. After every performing search is always visible edit box for "Name Pattern" and for "Lead time" and "Follow-up time" (and others, but not very important for me). I can select some titles, edit "Name Pattern", "Lead time", "Follow up time" (very important) and after pressing Enter key in "Name Pattern" edit box (or pressing Record button) - recordings are planned and text in "Name Pattern" (and values in "Lead time" and "Follow-up time") are reseted to default (very important too).

image.thumb.png.ea7dd2c20bd98f7cc2b76ab1b9c7994b.png

In the following picture is the Search EPG window of the Media server. After performing new search (typed text in edit box "Search for" and then press Enter key) I can't edit "File Naming scheme", "Follow up time", "Lead time" - I have to ALWAYS click on button "More...". And after I press "Record" button the  previously changed values in edit boxes "File Naming scheme", "Follow up time", "Lead time" (and all others) are not reseted to default (it's bad). This is very annoying for me. I am planning every week about 80-100 recordings (!) during last 6 years and I need better functionality.

image.thumb.png.ef2fce0f9e588b84044cf284f79e7452.png

Edited by jirim100
Am 10.2.2019 um 21:43 schrieb jirim100:

On the following picture is the old Search EPG window from Recording service 1.33.2 AFTER (very important point) performing search. After every performing search is always visible edit box for "Name Pattern" and for "Lead time" and "Follow-up time"

Thanks. Now I can remember :) Last year I have removed it because there were several issues and bugs, also with the corresponding part of the Mobile Web Interface, particularly caused by redundancies because there were two input lines for the same setting. Moreover the old code was a mess and close to unmaintainable. So I decided to restructure the EPG search thing and give it a more straightforward design. I'm very happy that I got rid of the old stuff and I will not reintroduce it. So you will have to live with the new design.

However, this doesn't exclude enhancements, if there are reasonable suggestions. So, since there is no way back, your only chance to get a more satisfying behaviour are modifications. Maybe we can get closer to what you want by doing some more Javascript. First it has to be understood that the "More" button (as toggle) shows and hides the settings section at the top. Additionally there are statements in the file epg_search.html (see here) that purposely hide the settings:

$('#details').hide();

The first one in function _doSubmit hides it on sorting. Dunno if this is really necessary. Maybe we should drop it. You can disable it by commenting it out with two leading slashes:

//$('#details').hide();

The second $('#details').hide() in the file hides the settings, when the Search or Record button gets clicked. You can disable it in the same way. After that showing and hiding the settings is solely up to manual control with the More button, as far as I can see. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Please note that changing a file in the Program Files (x86) directory requires administrator rights, so you need to launch your text editor accordingly. And don't forget to reload the EPG Search page in the browser after having saved changes.

In the end you will become a HTML/Javascript expert and make your own search page :)

Am 10.2.2019 um 21:43 schrieb jirim100:

And after I press "Record" button the  previously changed values in edit boxes "File Naming scheme", "Follow up time", "Lead time" (and all others) are not reseted to default (it's bad).

That's a matter of taste and individual work flow. Other users may prefer to keep changed values. As long as no search preset is selected, you can use the Delete button to return to the defaults. If a search preset is selected, the Delete button will delete it from the list, though.

Thanks, but this is not enough for me. Commenting $('#details').hide() working as you expected, but now I have to scrolling down to be seen founded items on display. I need to visible only "Name Pattern", "Lead time", "Follow up time" . How can I achieve it (after pressing "Search" button or Enter key in "Search for" edit box)?

2 hours ago, Griga said:

"And after I press "Record" button the  previously changed values in edit boxes "File Naming scheme", "Follow up time", "Lead time" (and all others) are not reseted to default (it's bad)."

That's a matter of taste and individual work flow. Other users may prefer to keep changed values. As long as no search preset is selected, you can use the Delete button to return to the defaults. If a search preset is selected, the Delete button will delete it from the list, though.

This is absolutely most important thing for me. How can I achieve it after pressing "Record" button?

Edited by jirim100

You are still clinging to the old design and your very individual needs ;) More flexible thinking would be good. What is the basic problem of the EPG Search page that makes the handling inconvenient?

Both the input area and the list of search results share the same scrollable area. I think that's the main culprit. What about a separate pop-up window for the search results and the Record button?

3 hours ago, Griga said:

You are still clinging to the old design and your very individual needs ;) More flexible thinking would be good. What is the basic problem of the EPG Search page that makes the handling inconvenient?

But I already explained it - now, when planning recording to the next week,  I have to do more manual work which I did not with the old design of search window.

I try again explain the same from different perspective: My default file name scheme is "%name; broadcasted %year-%m-%d", default lead time 15, default follow up time 15. On every Sunday I buy a magazine with a television program and select items which I wont to record. In is for example movie (for example "The Cremator" from Czechoslovakia from year 1968) another is for example horor (for example "The Silence of the Lambs" from USA from year 1991) another is for example document (for example "Dinosaurs in Prehistoric Times" from Australia from year 2010) and another is for example live concert of Pink Floyd in the Prague next Friday. Then I show the Search EPG page and firstly type in "Search box" text "The Cremator" and press Enter, then select founded item with this movie, then change default file name scheme from "%name; broadcasted %year-%m-%d" to "%name; movie; Czechoslovakia; 1968; broadcasted %year-%m-%d", lead time and follow up time I can't change in this example. Then type in "Search box" text  "The Silence of the Lambs", press Enter, select founded item with this movie, then change file name scheme from "%name; broadcasted %year-%m-%d" to "%name; horror; USA; 1991; broadcasted %year-%m-%d", lead time and follow up time I can't change in this example. Then I type in "Search box" text "Pink Floyd", press Enter, select found item, change file name scheme from  "%name; broadcasted %year-%m-%d" to "%name; concert; Czechoslovakia; 2019; broadcasted %year-%m-%d", because it will be the live broadcasting (which don't respect neither start time neither stop time) I change load time and follow up time to 30. But in most cases lead time and the follow up time is unchanged 15 minutes. With the new design I have to delete old typed file name scheme before type new file name scheme, I have to manually decrement back lead time and follow up time to 15, I have to scroll down the window to see the founded items. Old Search EPG page in Recording Service 1.33.2 was absolutely genial - I can't press button "More...", I can't scroll down the window to see the founded items, even I can't press "Record" button - simply press Enter key in changed "Name pattern" edit box.

Edited by jirim100
On 2/12/2019 at 6:09 AM, Griga said:

Thanks. Now I can remember :) Last year I have removed it because there were several issues and bugs, also with the corresponding part of the Mobile Web Interface, particularly caused by redundancies because there were two input lines for the same setting. Moreover the old code was a mess and close to unmaintainable. So I decided to restructure the EPG search thing and give it a more straightforward design. I'm very happy that I got rid of the old stuff and I will not reintroduce it. So you will have to live with the new design.

Sorry, but then you are not very good programmer (I'm programmer for about 20 years too). Changing this old design from RS was bad. As a workaroud I replaced file epg_searchresults.html from old RS and forcibly changed lead time, follow up time and preset name directly in epg_searchresults.html. It's not ideal, but now it's working as I want. Old (in RS) epg_searchresults.html have 3928 bytes, new (in MS) epg_searchresults.html have  2033 bytes - you have problem with these small files? You don't even have to change epg_search.html.