dvbviwer over 8mbit problems

Marcolau

Hi folks I have a rather werid problem with DVBViewer and maybe someone can help

First thing first , version of DVBViewer is 6.1.4 ( but had the same prob with previous versions as well)

win 7 64 bit

skystar usb 2 hd ci on usb3 port

the problem is ..................when I watch a channel everything is ok till the bit rate of the channel gets over 8mbit.

from 8 to 9,9 it starts to stutter , over 10 it completly freezes ( the channel not the prog)

anyone has any idea why ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Marcolau

I regularly use DVBViewer  and Media Server for 16M and above streams, so I think yo can probably rule out DVBViewer.

My guess would be a bandwidth issue somewhere in hardware. The first place I would look is at the USB connection. If my memory serves me correctly, if you connect a USB 1.0 device to a USB hub, all the other devices in the hub are connected at that slower data rate. Typically, PC USB connections share an internal hub, so try and plug out all other USB devices from your PC and see if the problem still happens. (The front panel ports are likely to be on a different hub from the rear ones, so you can plug your KB and mouse in there.)

well the card is on usb 3.0 no hubs , single port all for itself.

tried on usb 2 port ..it is a little better , stutters around 10mbits , and when the bitrate lowers the channles get the image back

this confirms my theory , while usb 3 ports are stated es retro compatible the sad truth is that they always had backward compatibility issues right from the start and after years they r all still there !

Edited by Marcolau