HbbTV app in carousel

akukshinov

Hi!

Days ago I wrote on an email address displayed on the official website but got no answer.

I'm from Russia, and recently Channel One launched a HbbTV application on national digital terrestrial network. For this special reason I bought a Pro version of DVBViewer and a HbbTV plugin, just to look how it works. But I was surprised: the program saw that HbbTV is available, but no content was played.

Now I should disclose that I am a technician at RTRN, which operates Russian DTT network, so I understand that there might be nothing wrong with DVBViewer, but with the content itself. I questioned my colleague at the Federal Center for Multiplexing in Moscow. He said that there is no direct weblink on application in our HbbTV stream, but there is an application itself in one of PIDs. A data carousel parser is needed to extract application and play it on screen. He also admitted that there were some problems with putting HbbTV content in the stream, but finally we tested the application on an LG TV set and it worked just fine.

So, my question is: does DVBViewer supports extracting HbbTV application from the stream, not gettting it from the Internet?

Thank you!

Hi, probably not to hackbart-at-DVBViewer.com. The HbbTV Plugin does not support carousel data. What i do is to parse the AIT Table in order to get the internet services. The reason is quite simple: At least in germany the carousel based content is quite limited. You only get a few informations which are even less than those provided via teletext. So i never had interest to spend time in to developing a carousel extractor+web server to provide the data. The last one is mandatory since you can not execute javascript without running a web server. At least in chromium embedded which we use for.  

14 hours ago, hackbart said:

Hi, probably not to hackbart-at-DVBViewer.com. The HbbTV Plugin does not support carousel data. What i do is to parse the AIT Table in order to get the internet services. The reason is quite simple: At least in germany the carousel based content is quite limited. You only get a few informations which are even less than those provided via teletext. So i never had interest to spend time in to developing a carousel extractor+web server to provide the data. The last one is mandatory since you can not execute javascript without running a web server. At least in chromium embedded which we use for.  

That's a very pity, but thank you a lot!