transcoding all audio tracks

michalled

Hello,

i'm trying to get transcoded tv signal via http but i have no possibility to have all audio tracks included in streamed files. I checked all tracks in web server configuration, also give track=-1 parameter in advanced streaming parameters in serwer website. And when i download generated m3u files there is only one audio track in streamed files. Problem exists  with all file formats..

Can some one give me instructions  step by step how i can manage to do it?

I want to have all tracks or only one but selected not this default one.

Regards Michal

Confirmed. A bug may prevent it from working, or with other words, it only works by chance. That's why the bug hasn't been detected yet.

I will provide a test version for you with a fix. Please check your PMs...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Griga:

Confirmed. A bug may prevent it from working, or with other words, it only works by chance. That's why the bug hasn't been detected yet.

I will provide a test version for you with a fix. Please check your PMs...

What settings i must use in webserwer configuration or website parameters to have it working correctly in this test version in theory?

Edited by Griga
Quoting corrected
7 minutes ago, Griga said:

Just track=-1 in the Stream Setup window -> Expert Settings -> Additional parameters input line. That's all.

Thanks it works with this version which you sent.

selecting tracks works also, but not with HLS files

vor 14 Stunden schrieb michalled:

selecting tracks works also, but not with HLS files

What do you mean by "HLS files"?

Audio track selection works here with a HLS live stream: Satellite channel with an English and Spanish audio track  -> transcoded to HLS with track=1 -> playback in the browser yields Spanish audio.

3 hours ago, Griga said:

What do you mean by "HLS files"?

Audio track selection works here with a HLS live stream: Satellite channel with an English and Spanish audio track  -> transcoded to HLS with track=1 -> playback in the browser yields Spanish audio.

For me it didn't work witch hls transcoding to get track 3 from dvb-t transmission which have 3 audio tracks, only track one was transcoded.

I'll  keep it testing in some time but thanks for this corrected version.

Did you consider that audio track counting in the track=... parameter is zero based? You have to enter track=0 for track 1 (one based counting), track=1 for track 2 etc.

HLS was not affected by the bug that I've fixed in the test version. I've checked the code , but it is ok as far as I can see.

• 3 years later...

See DVBViewer program directory\docs\transcoding_params_en.txt. Search the file for the Identifier: track section. There you will find:

Zitat

Remarks: 0 selects the first available audio track, 1 the second etc. Please note that specifying a non-existing audio track may let FFmpeg stop and prevent playback altogether. If the number of available tracks is known (usually in recordings and live streams) the Media Server auto-corrects the track to 0 if it exceeds the maximum. A negative track number lets the Media Server include all available audio tracks. Offering an audio track selection is up to the player. This works with TS, WebM and partly with HLS (the Media Server "all audio tracks" output does not comply with the HLS specifications, only some players are able to handle it).