Cannot stop recording from DVBViewer

eXtremeDevil

Hi, I used to start and stop recordings from DVBViewer and today I updated DVBViewer to 6.1.4 and now when I start a recording the RS icon turns red and start recording as always but the camera icon in DVBViewer does NOT show, and the only way to stop the recording is going to the RS web interface and delete the recording from there.

Why is that? Is it normal? Any way to get the old behaviour back?

Thanks!

Newer DVBViewer version are no longer fully compatible to discontinued "Recording Service Beta". You should either upgrade RS to the current DMS Media Server (is not free) or stay with older DVBViewer versions.

Most likely DVBViewer doesn't receive the RS broadcasts prompting clients to update the timer list. Is DVBViewer running on the same PC?

In a similar case reported in the German section of the forum it could be fixed by using the "Adapter IP for Media Server messages" tweak. Launch Tweaker.exe (located in the DVBViewer installation folder), search for the setting, select the input line, read the description at the bottom, enter the IP address of the network adapter over which the RS messages are expected to be received (may also be 127.0.0.1 if DVBViewer and RS are running on the same PC), save and try...

vor 19 Minuten schrieb HaraldL:

You should (...) upgrade RS to the current DMS Media Server

Strongly recommended. The RS is out-dated in several respects.

52 minutes ago, Griga said:

Most likely DVBViewer doesn't receive the RS broadcasts prompting clients to update the timer list. Is DVBViewer running on the same PC?

In a similar case reported in the German section of the forum it could be fixed by using the "Adapter IP for Media Server messages" tweak. Launch Tweaker.exe (located in the DVBViewer installation folder), search for the setting, select the input line, read the description at the bottom, enter the IP address of the network adapter over which the RS messages are expected to be received (may also be 127.0.0.1 if DVBViewer and RS are running on the same PC), save and try...

Strongly recommended. The RS is out-dated in several respects.

Worked like a charm, thanks!!

I will consider upgrading to Media Server, thanks for the advice :)