LCN in Channel List

vramor

Dear Board inventars,

Don't you think that it could be very convenient for users to see the additional column with LCN of each channel in the Channel List?

Is it possible to make TransEdit to read these data during the channel scan and place them into channel ini-file to export these data in Channel List later? 

Many thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 2:20 AM, Griga said:

It does work for the only one transponder (though including several PLPs). If you choose several transponder to scan you've got a window where you can choose LCN for the one transponder only.  And the main - you can see LCNs in the TransEdit only, but not in the DVBViewr Channel List!

2020-10-25_082320.png

2020-10-25_082357.png

2020-10-25_082422.png

2020-10-25_082436.png

Edited by vramor
5 hours ago, vramor said:

It does work for the only one transponder (though including several PLPs).

Is there evidence that LCN data is broadcasted on other transponders / PLPs and that a LCN should be assigned to channels on these transponders? For DVB-T it is usually visible in the NIT (see Analyzer):

Zwischenablage01.png

If something has to be corrected in TransEdit I will probably need a sample.

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Is there evidence that LCN data is broadcasted on other transponders / PLPs and that a LCN should be assigned to channels on these transponders?

Here you are.

2020-10-25_193736.png

2020-10-25_193753.png

2020-10-25_193810.png

2020-10-25_193830.png

2020-10-25_193847.png

2020-10-25_193914.png

4 hours ago, Griga said:

The screenshots tell me that you get LCN on 498 and 578 MHz. And what is the problem? Do they have different LCN IDs, so you cannot get them all together after "Scan All"?

See my previous post. You can see that in the case "Scan All" you end up the proposal to choose the one of the transponders in the "Channel Numbering Selection" window. But this is not a serious problem unless and until LCNs aren't exported to the DVBView Channel List. :(

Edited by vramor

The basic idea is to fix problems with LCN in TransEdit, before it gets implemented in DVBViewer. TransEdit is good for experimental purpose. DVBViewer is not, because it is too big and fat. ;)

Your screenshots give me an idea what is going on, but there is still too much that I have to guess. So please do the following:

1. In TransEdit, select the 498 MHz transponder and click Analyze.
  2. Wait some time until the tree view on the left side of the Analyzer window is complete.
  3. If there is a "NIT PID = 16 -Actual Network" node, right-click it and perform "Save as XML". TransEdit Main Window -> Settings -> Analyzer -> Output Directory will tell you where the XML file gets stored.
  4. If there is a "NIT PID = 16 - Other network" Node, do the same with it.
  5. Repeat step 1 - 4 for 546 #0, 546 #1, 578 and 770 MHz.
  6. Zip the created XML files and attach them here.

9 hours ago, Griga said:

The basic idea is to fix problems with LCN in TransEdit, before it gets implemented in DVBViewer. TransEdit is good for experimental purpose. DVBViewer is not, because it is too big and fat. ;)

Zip the created XML files and attach them here.

Here you are!

griga.zip

Ok, thanks. The table below shows the important information from your files (NID =Network ID, ONID = Original Network ID, TSID = Transportstream ID, LCNs = Logical Channel Numbers)):

Freq.   NID     ONID   TSID   LCNs       Network Name
------------------------------------------------------
498     13598   8835     11   11 - 20    DTT - Russian Federation / {90DDA122-D72A-44F4-8716-F5971397DE05}
546#0   13648   8835      1    1 - 10    DTT-Russian Federation
                          2    1 - 10    
546#1   13648   8835      1    1 - 10    DTT-Russian Federation
                          2    1 - 10
578     13614   8835      6   21 - 30    RTRN
720     13594   8835      1   31 - 40    DTT - Russian Federation

As you can see, each frequency has a different Network ID. That's why TransEdit regards the LCN information from each frequency as a separate numbering system and prompts you to select one of them.

I did it this way because a Danish cable provider (from which I have samples) offers several LCN numbering systems, each with a specific Network ID. It is necessary to select one of them. Otherwise channels would not have a single LCN, but several different LCNs.

However, in your case the Network IDs do not indicate separate numbering systems. The LCNs belong together across all frequencies. So it seems to be better to use the Original Network ID, which is the same on all frequencies. Maybe it has generally to be done in this way for DVB-T.

The basic problem ist, that there are no common specifications for LCNs. Different providers/countries do it differently.

Anyway, I have sent a modified TransEdit test version to you via PM, so you can try, if it works with Russian DVB-T now.

8 hours ago, Griga said:

Anyway, I have sent a modified TransEdit test version to you via PM, so you can try, if it works with Russian DVB-T now.

It does work now. After Scan All I get this window. 

2020-10-27_130616.png

I don't know how to get rid of an image I posted erroneously.

Edited by vramor
1 hour ago, vramor said:

It does work now. After Scan All I get this window. 

Fine :) But there are channels without LCN. Is this correct?

1 hour ago, vramor said:

I don't know how to get rid of an image I posted erroneously.

Edit your post. Below the editor there is an "Uploaded Images" area. Each image has a trash can icon. Just click it...

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Fine :) But there are channels without LCN. Is this correct?

Thank you very much! As to the channels without LCN,  this is correct. The multiplex with these channels is experimental and includes HD channels with HEVC.

I hope that you'll manage to export LCN to DVBViewer Channel List in the long run and grateful users will get the possibility to choose the proper channel just entering LCN from keyboard.

Thank you once more!

Edited by vramor
  • 1 year later...

Many thanks for the new versions of DVBViewer and TransEdit. I have installed DVBViwer v7.2.1.0 and TransEdit v4.3.0, both work fine. I can see LCN in TransEdit and DVBViewer Channel Editor, but I cannot see LCN in DVBViewer Channel List. How can I see LCN in this list if possible?

37 minutes ago, Griga said:

Settings -> Options -> TV/Radio -> Use custom channel numbers checked?

TV/Radio -> Channel List -> Right-Click -> Show Channel Numbers checked?

Great! I'd never guess without your help. Thank you!