DVBViewer SATIP-IPTV M3u input / Apple TV-Plex

glenn1234

I wonder how to set a DVB Media server with IPTV-M3u playlis, shown as SATIP on the local network, so the Plex Live TV server will be able to see it and implement the channels.

I Have 3pcs apple TV 4K in my house with Plex installed .

It would be fantastic if i could manage to setup a solid good live tv with DVBViewer as the "heart" in the system and forward all streams to Plex and Apple TV.

I know there are many solutions out there for the M3U playlist challenge into Plex Live Tv and i have tested many of them, but no solutions yet are simply not stabel and solid enough for a daily use of a Live  TV., But i think a DVBViewer could be the right way.

After some struggeling i manage Plex Live TV to find DMS, but do not understand how to go further in regards to implement Channels? I have a m3u playlist with TV channels and all is working good in DVBViewer Pro, but i am very confused how to forward all into DMS and Plex? i am pretty sure there is a easy way, but i just can not  find out. What will be the setup in DMS ? As i understand its only SATIP that Plex will find and implement as a Virtuel tuner.  My M3U file has no M3u8, so should be fine.

plex live tv.PNG

Edited by Griga
Merged with parts of another post

Please stop spamming the forum with your concern and keeping moderators busy with deleting/merging double posts and unnecessarily started new topics. Please continue in this topic if there is something more to say about it, but don't start a new topic for each post!

Am 17.5.2019 um 13:23 schrieb glenn1234:

I have a m3u playlist with TV channels and all is working good in DVBViewer Pro, but i am very confused how to forward all into DMS and Plex? 

DVBViewer and the DMS on the server PC share the same channel list. So you need to import your M3U in DVBViewer on the server PC, save the channel list (or close DVBViewer), stop and restart the DMS. This will let it load the updated list. You can check in the web interface -> Media page > TV/Radio section if the expected channels are available.

Am 17.5.2019 um 13:23 schrieb glenn1234:

As i understand its only SATIP that Plex will find and implement as a Virtuel tuner.

In this way Plex will not be able to receive the imported IPTV channels. Transmitting channels belonging to the TS Stream (IPTV) reception type is not defined in the Sat>IP standard. DMS and DVBViewer are able to do it in a proprietary way, but other applications will not understand it.

Thanks for replying 

Ok then i understand, Is it other ways doing it? I only have IPTV M3u file from Telia Sweden and not possible for me to use  DVB-S or DBV-C anymore.

Sorry for spamming the forum, will not happen again.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb glenn1234:

Is it other ways doing it?

I don't know Plex. The usual way for clients to access the DMS is either UPnP or a M3U playlist exported from the DMS that contains HTTP URLs.