Use DVBViewer software on other Lan by RTSP Server

SuperBilleN

Hi All,

I have DVBViewer installed on Server Pc with Hdhomerun tuners working perfectly.

I can access all DVBViewer channels in Kodi pvr add-in on several laptops on different networks.

But Kodi Pvr freezes and do not have the same great Picture settings like DVBViewer.

I would therefor like to use DVBViewer software on my HTPC that are located on another network than the DVBViewer server.

-How do i connect to the tuners listed on my server?

-Do i need the RTSP Server Option?

Ive tried to set it up - i can see the channel favorite list from the server in my HTPC, but not able to start any channel, black screen. The EPG are fetched.

The pictures show my settings, the connection to the server looks like its there because it fetch the channels, but when i try to play the screen are black, 0% in signal quality, but the Epg shows.

Feels like i am almost there :)

The channel plays great on the server.

Can anybody help out :)

dvbviewerserver1.png

dvbviewerserver2.png

dvbviewerserver3.png

dvbviewerHTPC1.png

dvbviewerHTPC2.png

dvbviewerHTPC3.png

dvbviewerHTPC4.png

• 4 years later...

Hello @SuperBilleN,
I'm facing the exact same issue/need and was wondering if you managed to find a solution that will allow you to use the full functionality of DVBViewer connected via RTSP to the DVBViewer Media Server?