LiveTV stream doesn't start via KODI

root

Hi,

i've probably done something wrong somewhere because i'm not able to get LiveTV stream into Kodi. DMS is installed in the same PC as the Kodi and DVBViewer (via DVBViewer works everything fine - configured as a client for DMS). I was able to (after some struggle) get to load TV channels with EPG but when i hit the "Watch" button it just refresh the screen and nothing happens (and it creates empty tsbuffer.ts file).

Perhaps worth to mention that i replaced NextPVR(worked ok, service is stopped at this moment). And firewall doesn’t affect the issue.

Software:

Windows 7 x64
Kodi v17.6

DVBViewer client 2.4.14

DVBViewer 6.1.4
Media Server 2.1.4

Hardware:
TBS 6981 (driver v2.0.1.7)

TBS 6205 (driver v1.0.0.4)

Can somebody please tell me what causes the problem? I hope i’ve mentioned everything important and rest is in the support file. ?

Thank you for any help

support.zip

Edited by root
42 minutes ago, root said:

DMS is installed in the same PC as the Kodi

Which Media Server address did you configure in the DVBViewer Add-On for Kodi? 127.0.0.1?

• Thanks 1

127.0.0.1 or even the IP from DHCP didn't work so i've used workaround by "localhost", then the client was able to connect to the server.

Edited by root

So it's working now?

Please note that the DMS Web Server by default rejects connections from  addresses like 100.0.0.45 because they are regarded as not belonging to your local (home) network. There are corresponding error messages in your svcdebug.log:

TDVBWebserver        InternetAllowed 100.0.0.45 access from other nets forbidden, aborted

It requires a special configuration to tell the Web Server that it shall regard such addresses as local. If you want to know more about it, go to the Links page of the Web Interface, click "Media Server Change Log" and search for "LocalIPs".

"127.0.0.1" and "100.0.0.45" was producing only "Server can not be reached". By using "localhost" i was able to connect Kodi client/add-on to the DMS. But it works just as described above - only channel list and EPG are working.
On the other hand, DVBViewer is able to connect to the DMS by any of these options.

So i've tried to add the trusted IP to the list and now the Kodi client is able to connect to the DMS even via IPs but the stream still doesn't work.

EDIT: I have an idea, is there any known issue in combination with DSplayer? I never had any issues with the DSplayer and even don't know if DVBViewer Kodi client tries to use it by any means but...

Edited by root
14 minutes ago, root said:

"127.0.0.1" and "100.0.0.45" was producing only "Server can not be reached".

Strange. 127.0.0.1 should be equivalent to localhost and work in any case.

6 minutes ago, root said:

On the other hand, DVBViewer is able to connect to the DMS by any of these options.

DVBViewer is using Sat>IP/RTSP for getting streams from the DMS, not HTTP like the DVBViewer Add-On for Kodi. That's a different thing. If you want to check what DVBViewer does in case of HTTP,  you need to download a HTTP channel list from the Links page of the Web Interface and drag & drop the M3U file into the DVBViewer Channel Editor.

11 minutes ago, root said:

is there any known interference with DSplayer..?

Never heard of it. Maybe questions like this can be answered in the Kodi forum....

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Griga said:

DVBViewer is using Sat>IP/RTSP for getting streams from the DMS, not HTTP like the DVBViewer Add-On for Kodi. ...

Aaah, get it. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Griga said:

Never heard of it. Maybe questions like this can be answered in the Kodi forum....

Finally i've found some adequate errors in a log. Unfortunately i was right and it seems like an incompatibility between DSplayer and DVBViewer Kodi client. ?

Anyway, thank you so much for your time and help!

Edited by root