Need to change registered email address

chocciemonster

I bought DVBViewer a few years ago, the email address I used at the time is no longer valid as my ISP deleted it. I need to change to a new email address, how can I do this? There is no way I can ever receive emails to the registered address. 

2 hours ago, chocciemonster said:

the email address I used at the time is no longer valid as my ISP deleted it.

Doesn't matter. You can still use it as user name for installation and the download area.

2 hours ago, chocciemonster said:

I need to change to a new email address,

Why? It is only necessary for receiving the password if you want to order a DVBViewer add-on. If you don't know how it must be handled, write to the mail address given on this page.

The email address for this forum (which is completely independent from install credentials for DVBViewer or access to members area) can be changed by clicking your account name on top right of this page - Account Settings - Email Address. There you can also change the password for this forum.

But again, for installation of DVBViewer or logging into member area for updates you still have to use the old address and old password from your purchase email with no problem as Griga already wrote.

19 hours ago, Griga said:

Doesn't matter. You can still use it as user name for installation and the download area.

Why? It is only necessary for receiving the password if you want to order a DVBViewer add-on. If you don't know how it must be handled, write to the mail address given on this page.

I do want to order an add-on ,that's the problem

Order the Addon with your new email address. As the new one is not found in the buyers database you will get an email asking for the old (no longer functional) address you used for DVBViewer itself. Then the buyers database is updated to the new email address. All further contact is done with the new address. Only if it's not possible to find the old address your name will be posted on the linked page, needing to contact again for more information.

Don't order the Addon with your old address, you won't get the confirmation/credentials mail if you can't receive the old address.

But I'm pretty sure you still have to enter the old address on DVBViewer install and for members area. It's just used as a user name and not changed. For the addon you will see in the confirmation mail if you have to enter the old or the new address.