DVBViewer with HD PVR2

Jason Williams

Hello,

I just got DVBViewer (mostly) working with my Hauppauge HD PVR2, but I can't figure out how to map the channels.  I configured the virtual tuner as ATSC, and I can scan for channels, but each channel is showing up with the same video stream.  I'm using the internal blaster, so I didn't populate the blaster .dll in the config.

I see there is an old app Haugppauge PVR Channel Map Tool, but that doesn't work for me.  The tuners don't populate at the top and I can't do anything. 

Can anyone provide guidance on this?

TIA

Honestly, their (Hauppauge) API to tune a channel never really worked for me. As far as i remember they had a ir transmitter which has to be put in front of the receiver ir input led. 

You need an ir transmitter plugin for tuning a frequency. This plugin has only one routine to set a channel number:

int __stdcall HRESULT SetChannel(int iChannel);

I'm sure there is a documentation in the forum here.  The tuner map is done automatically. The easiest way is if you define the hauppauge box as Terrestrial or ATSC device. The channel is calculated by the frequency for a channel. E.g. 57000 for channel 1 and so on.

Christian

Thanks Christian,

I think that helps.  The built in blaster does indeed change the channel, I just couldn't figure out how to see the channel number in DVBViewer.  Just so I understand:  channel 1 starts at 57000 and increments by 3000 for each channel?  If I change this value in the channel editor, will the blaster send the updated channel number to the STB?

Thanks so much.

Not exactly. The algorithm behind looks like this:

procedure THauppaugePVR.BuildDefaultList();
var n: integer;
  Max: integer;
begin
  case FTunerType of
    ttTerrestrial: max := 60;
    ttATSC: max := 69;
  else
    max := 106;
  end;
  SetLength(FChannels, Max);

for n := 0 to Max - 1 do
  begin
    case FTunerType of
      ttCable:
        case n of
          00..007: FChannels[n] := 50500 + n * 7000;
          08..035: FChannels[n] := 107500 + (n - 8) * 7000;
          36..105: FChannels[n] := 306000 + (n - 36) * 8000;
        end;
      ttTerrestrial:
        case n of
          00..02: FChannels[n] := 50000 + n * 7000;
          03..10: FChannels[n] := 177500 + (n - 3) * 7000;
          11..59: FChannels[n] := 474000 + (n - 11) * 8000;
        end;
      ttATSC:
        case n of
          00..02: FChannels[n] := 57000 + n * 6000;
          03..04: FChannels[n] := 79000 + n * 6000;
          05..11: FChannels[n] := 177000 + (n - 5) * 6000;
          12..68: FChannels[n] := 473000 + (n - 12) * 6000;
        end;
    else
      FChannels[n] := 10729 + n * 15 {mhz};
    end;
  end;
end;

The satellite channel calculation is extremely "dumb". The other formulas are based on the VHF, UHF Frequency table(s) usually used for ATSC and DVB-T. As bandwidth for ATSC we use 6 MHz, for DVB-T and Cable 7 and 8 MHz.

The command is only sent to a blaster dll. If you don't have such a plugin there won't be any channel change at all. 

Christian

Christian

Thanks again Christian,

I'll try to figure that out.  One last question:  how do I download the Recording Service?  I don't see it in the members area (except an old beta).  I'm licensed for DVBViewer Pro.

Thank you,

Jason