media server 2.1.5.1

Mark Butler

im using zgemma i55 with virtual tuner connecting to the DVBViewer media server

having tested this with the latest update media server 2.1.5.1 , i have found that the media server show many multiple connections from the i55 . There should only be 1.

also on the i55 side the i cannot view any picture.

i have swapped back to media server 2.1.4  and all is working again perfect ,1 connection for 1 virtual tuner.. picture is 100% viewable   ?

maybe this could be checked out and fixed in next version 

many thanks

as you can see multiple client connections from 1 virtual tuner on zgemma. when it happens it freezes up the wholemedia centre..

however some times there is no connection.all clients disappear and the virtual tuner fails

IMG_20190805_012435.jpg

Edited by Mark Butler

Thanks. Indeed the svcdebug.log shows a strange client behaviour at 06.08.19 14:55:32.764. The DMS receives a tune request from the IP address 192.168.1.74 for 11778 V (which satellite position? Astra 28.2° East?), but no request for data. The DMS does what is wanted and responds with 200 OK.

3 seconds later the client starts another session by sending the same tune request, as if it had not received the response, again without requesting data, and terminates the session after a short time. The DMS terminates the first session after a 20 seconds timeout, because there is no sign that the session is still alive.

Astra 28.2° East assumed: 11778 V is mainly occupied by an EPG data service. There are no TV/Radio channels, as far as I can see. So I wouldn't expect to get a picture from there.

Another strange thing is that the client doesn't include a FEC parameter in its tune request, so your DVB card has to auto-detect it. Dunno if your BlackGold is able to do it. If not, it probably receives nothing.

Finally, at 06.08.19 15:01:53.068, a BBC transponder (10818 V) gets tuned, this time with a FEC parameter, but again without a subsequent request for data. Since nothing happens, the DMS terminates the session after 20 seconds.

A 2.1.4 vs. 2.1.5 code comparison didn't yield an explanation for this client behaviour yet. So I still don't know what's going on. Maybe a log created by DMS 2.1.4 that shows the normal working case could reveal more...

Griga the 2.1.4 version has displayed the same symptoms as 2.1.5 . it worked perfect the first time i changed back to 2.1.4 but then started to display the same problem..im beginning to thing the problem lies with the zgemma box image....or maybe its a network issue...i dont really know . but i'll  keep testing.

thanks for trying