No audio with UHD channel Rai 4K

Marco Massari

Hello,
Congratulations on the forum, very useful. I,m a happy user of DVBViewer pro for years. I noticed a small problem. In practice with A***D I can seeing all the HD and UHD channels of the tivusat platform through a regular active card. I have only one problem in a channel called RAI 4k that although it is tuned and you can see perfectly fluid images thanks to the hardware decoding of my RTX 580. But now it seems that only in that channel DVBViewer does not detect the audio stream, so that it does not appear at the bottom of the program view, even the encoding symbol (it should be E-AC3). I tried changing the AC-3 decoder but nothing from the settings. Also changing PID and putting the format recognition in the settings changes nothing. As a decoder I have tried both LAV audio decoder and AC3 Filter. If you want i can put the transport stream where there seems to be the E-AC3 audio stream at PID 102. Thanks for anyone who can help me.

Marco

Edited by Marco Massari

As far as I can see the Audio PID and Audio Type in the channel list are correct. However, according to this site parts of the reception data seem to be wrong:

• FEC should be 3/4
  • Modulation should be 8PSK
  • DVB-S2 should be on.

But I don't think this is the reason for missing audio, because you are getting video. Most likely your DVB hardware is able to detect these parameters automatically. So I guess your decryption system doesn't decrypt audio for some reason, indicated by "Audio State: no data" on the DVBViewer Filter property page (which actually means "no usable audio data").

It looks ok. But that is SI (Service Information) data read by scanners. For playback it is not so important.

Does the audio stream with PID 102 appear in the PID List on the right side of the Analyzer window? Is it displayed in Red or Black?

4 hours ago, Marco Massari said:

It does not appear.

This means, no audio stream is present. Obviously you are not receiving the original channel via satellite (Hotbird), but an internet stream. So it may be a server side problem.

I actually only recorded the original channel on TS. The channel is the original one of Hotbird received with a DVBsky T9580. The encrypted signal in Nagra is then decoded by the original and active smartcard connected to a smartmouse. I can't understand the problem because everyone else works great! Anyway thanks, I hope it's a passing problem.

7 hours ago, Griga said:

This means, no audio stream is present. Obviously you are not receiving the original channel via satellite (Hotbird), but an internet stream. So it may be a server side problem.

I actually only recorded the original channel on TS. The channel is the original one of Hotbird received with a DVBsky T9580. The encrypted signal in Nagra is then decoded by the original and active smartcard connected to a smartmouse. I can't understand the problem because everyone else works great! Anyway thanks, I hope it's a passing problem.

On other forums it seems that even with normal decoders you have problems, I'll quote you a user:
"In my opinion the problem encountered on some TVs and decoders is that Rai 4K is transmitting with the audio identifier (private data) instead of the usual (AC3) or (MPEG)
The audio tracks are still present and working.
Some TVs or decoders bypass the problem so the audio is ok, others do not detect any audio track "

10 hours ago, Marco Massari said:

I actually only recorded the original channel on TS.

You should have mentioned it.

The SI data (PMT) is ok, so the scanner shouldn't have any difficulties to detect the channel correctly including audio. So I come back to my first guess: Your decryption system doesn't decrypt audio for some reason. The DVBViewer recorder doesn't record it if it is still encrypted. Which DVB device are you using for reception?

Here  such a case was discussed in the German section of the forum. An E-AC3 audio stream was not decrypted by the TBS CI because the driver didn't recognize it as audio. TBS had to update the TbsCIapi.dll for making it work. So if you have a TBS device, make sure that you are using the latest TbsCIapi.dll 1.0.2.2.

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue and I am using satellite, all other channels, also 4K from Tisusat are all working OK, only RAi 4K has no audio, any ideas how to fix this?

thank you!