Cannot reply to Topic

McenterFreak

I have posted a problem in forum DVBViewer Recording Service 1.x

But there is no "Reply to this Topic" button. If i go to another Forum, for example Newbies DVBViewer Pro/GE, there is no problem, the button is there

Why?

Thank you Griga, it makes sense

Long ago i bougth license to the new media server, but newer installed it. Reason: If It Aint Broke, Dont Fix It

I am very satisfied with Recording Service. All work, and i dont want to change anything.

BUT Microsoft Want to upgrade my Windows 10, and after that, nothing works

I know that this is not your problem

But what can be done?

First of all: Do you know if the problem is solved, if i install Media Server?

If i install Media Server, is it just install on top of Recording Service, and everything still works, also with all clients?

7 hours ago, McenterFreak said:

Do you know if the problem is solved, if i install Media Server?

I don't know. As long as it remains unclear what causes the issue there is no guarantee that it will work. However, you can try the free DMS Basic version. If it works (within its restrictions), the full version will also work.

I had a short look at your support.zip but I couldn't see anything on the server side that explains what's going on. On the client side there is a strange error message "ESocketException at 005E67ED: Address not available (#10049 in listen: Bind)", which means, that the OS does not accept the IP address 0.0.0.0 = INADDR_ANY for selecting the network adapter that shall be used. It's a kind of wildcard that tells the OS "take the adapter that appears to be suitable". It may indicate a network problem particularly concerning UDP and/or multicast. Since your clients connect via Sat>IP, they would be affected by UDP issues. The DMS provides means to specify the adapter IP explicitely, so there could be a chance to circumwent (not solve) this problem.

However, it seems you didn't do much for finding out what's actually going on yet. There is some investigative energy missing. You didn't make clear whether upgrading Windows 10 on the server side causes the issue, or on the client side, or on both. There are several things I would try in order to narrow the problem down and find out what is still working or not working, e.g. configuring DVBViewer clients for TCP instead of UDP as protocol, or using the browser on client PCs for opening the web interface and playback of a HTTP stream etc.

7 hours ago, McenterFreak said:

If i install Media Server, is it just install on top of Recording Service, and everything still works, also with all clients?

In theory yes.