TBS5580 and access to CAM in DVBViewer 6.1.5

pesornar@volny.cz

Issue with the access to CAM in DVBViewer 6.1.5. 

I have bought a new license for DVBViewer 6.1.5. Everything works except decoding czech programmes through the Digi card Irdeto that is inserted in the external UBS decoder TBS 5580.

No chance to set up in CAM this module with the card IRDETO.  

DVBViewer 6.1.5. recognize this TBS 5580, but I am not able to get into the CAM and to decode paid czech chanels.

Any advice?

Thanks for info

Is TbsCIapi.dll present in your DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is)?

If not, launch Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer -> DVBViewer Pro Downloader and select Hardware -> CI/Remote support for TBS cards.

Make also sure that DVBViewer Options -> Hardware -> Has CI is switched on for your TBS card.

Yes Tbsclapi.dll is present, but this is the old one for the version DVBViewer 5.6.4

CI is switched, but CAM is grey (no chance to click on)

I will try to move Tbsclappi into the file where is DVB exe. For 6.1.5

5 hours ago, Griga said:

Is TbsCIapi.dll present in your DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is)?

If not, launch Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer -> DVBViewer Pro Downloader and select Hardware -> CI/Remote support for TBS cards. - I have set up in DVBViewer

5 hours ago, Griga said:

Is TbsCIapi.dll present in your DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is)? ----I have launched there.

If not, launch Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer -> DVBViewer Pro Downloader and select Hardware -> CI/Remote support for TBS cards. -- I have set up accordingly.

Make also sure that DVBViewer Options -> Hardware -> Has CI is switched on for your TBS card.

I

1 hour ago, pesornar@volny.cz said:

I have done all accordingly and it works.

Super...?  Thanks for advice

There is just this: It has 100% signal, but after a while 5-6 minutes, it collapses. 0% signal

Should be there always 100% of the signal by TBS 5580 in DVBViewer or not?

Something bad with the positions of the transponders on the parabola?

Any advice?

Thanks

On 8/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, Griga said:

yes - it is located  with DVBViewer.exe.

Does it exist updated TbsClapi.dll for DVBViewer 6.1.5? Thanks for info

Edited by Griga
Quoting corrected
33 minutes ago, pesornar@volny.cz said:

Does it exist updated TbsClapi.dll for DVBViewer 6.1.5?

No. 1.0.2.2 is the latest.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:21 PM, pesornar@volny.cz said:

There is just this: It has 100% signal, but after a while 5-6 minutes, it collapses. 0% signal

The signal should not drop to 0% after a while. Does TV playback also stop?

In the meantime I got a TBS 5580 for testing. Here the signal does not drop to 0% after a while. However, I experienced several issues particularly with CI/CAM, under Windows 10 1903 as well as (or rather as bad as) under Windows 8.1. Drop outs occur due to data loss, sometimes playback even stops for a while, after channel switching decryption often stops completely, sometimes it crashes DVBViewer so it gets closed by Windows without an error message, the CAM menu does not work correctly etc.

The CI/CAM handling seems to be quite unstable. I've tried to change this and that in DVBViewer, but to no avail. I doubt that it can be fixed in DVBViewer.

Generally the device or its driver are losing data too easily. Buffering should be enhanced.

Yes - you have described precisely what is with my software. Is not caused that TBS GmbH didn't update Tbsclapidll according to DVBViewer 6.1.5?

It used to work better with the version 5.6.4, but it collapsed suddenly by Windows anyway.

Who can fix it? People in TBS?

Thanks for info

Kind regards

Radek

32 minutes ago, pesornar@volny.cz said:

Is not caused that TBS GmbH didn't update Tbsclapidll according to DVBViewer 6.1.5?

There is no need to update the DLL for a new DVBViewer version. Usually the DLL must be updated for new TBS devices. I have tried DLL version 1.0.1.8 and 1.0.2.0. Both do not work with the TBS 5580.

33 minutes ago, pesornar@volny.cz said:

Let us hope that they are able to fix it ;) Christian will send a report about my test results to TBS.

Yes - you have described precisely what is with my software. Is not caused that TBS GmbH didn't update Tbsclapidll according to DVBViewer 6.1.5?

It used to work better with the version 5.6.4, but it collapsed suddenly by Windows anyway.

Thanks for info

Kind regards

Radek

• 10 months later...

Any news regarding this topic? I have plans to buy DVBViewer and I recently changed my Techinsat cablestar HD Combo CI (Due to its unstable ci handling as well, sometimes i needed to restart my computer to make the encrypted channels work) to TBS5580 and has this exact issue.

If I turn cam support on there is scanning and playback issues, not DVBViewer specific (same stuff happens in DVBDream and MediaPortal too). Scanning issue affects all software.

What is strange that Playback works in TBSViewer which is DVBViewer based. I hope the TBS support can figure this out, it was an expensive device.