Avermedia TD310 - problem with scanning dvb-c

MFrost

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, before you wrote this post I returned this tuner to the store. On the original AverTV software also could not find dvb-c channels. I have a tuner Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-930C HD with a similar problem.

Adding a line

<entry name = "SRx1000"> 1 </string> 

helped here

I attach the hardware.xml file

hardware.xml

Edited by MFrost

I have avermedia td310 again. He found dvb-c channels without entering this code. Unfortunately, I can't scan dvb-t channels right now. Message appears.

https://ibb.co/PNFHYC9

The dvb-t scan works after reinstalling the DVBViewer. After reinstalling the DVBViewer, the dvb-t scan works, unfortunately I can't scan the dvb-c ...

I don't have this problem with the hauppauge tuner. I can scan dvb-t channels and then dvb-c.

I can see the problem in the DVBViewer.log. There are two tuner entries in your device list on Options -> Hardware, one for DVB-C and one for DVB-T. However, only one of them works. In your log DVB-C works, but initializing the DVB-T tuner fails:

Zitat

20.09.19 13:33:00.743 TfrmMain             SetTuner         Start
20.09.19 13:33:00.765 TBDADevice           OpenDevice       AVerMedia TD310 BDA Filter (1) did not start: bvUnknown
20.09.19 13:33:00.769 TfrmMain             AllocateHardware Open failed

This is an error on the driver level. The driver is not able to handle DVB-T in this state. I don't know why, but I guess that switching between DVB-C and DVB-T mode is no more possible "on the fly" after the device has been initialized for DVB-C oder DVB-T.

This raises the question, how mode switching can be done. Maybe the first tuning after PC start decides which mode gets active. I would try the following:

• Switch your PC off. Even disconnect it from the power supply! Wait 30 seconds. Then start it again. Now try to tune DVB-T. Does it work? If yes, probably DVB-C won't work anymore.
  • If changing the mode works this way, try if it also works if you only restart your PC (no power-off).
  • If changing the mode works this way again, try if it also works after disabling and enabling the TD310 in the Windows device manager.

If this doesn't work, another option would be to uninstall and re-install the driver and then tune to the desired mode (that did not work before).

For me it looks like the manufacturer (or driver developer) expects that users will use the device for DVB-C or DVB-T exclusively, but never for both.

I did all the things you mentioned. Unfortunately, no effects. For example, when I try to scan dvb-t, I am blocked from receiving dvb-c.

I thought of deleting (and backup) the appropriate files from the CMUV -> DVBViewer directory:

universalremote.ini
userdata.xml
Setup.xml
epg.dat
timers.xml
DVBSource.ini
channels.dat
timers.bak
windowdef.xml
hardware.xml
hardware.bak

The dvb-t scan then works. When I want to watch dvb-c back I change to previous files.

I noticed that the original AverTV application doesn't have such problems. I can switch between dvb-t and dvb-c without closing the application or editing any files. Everything works correctly. Maybe you should do the appropriate upgrade to DVBViever for this tuner model.

Edited by MFrost
vor 22 Stunden schrieb MFrost:

The dvb-t scan then works. When I want to watch dvb-c back I change to previous files.

Is there any difference in the two hardware.xml versions?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb MFrost:

I noticed that the original AverTV application doesn't have such problems.

Maybe it is a proprietary way of mode switching that requires special information from the manufacturer. Lately I got a TBS 5580 USB Box for DVB-T2/S2/C. The reception type could only be changed with a tool from TBS. Information from TBS about the method turned out to be wrong. It didn't work in DVBViewer. However; I managed to find out by trial and error... it works now in DVBViewer 6.1.5.2 :)

On 9/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, MFrost said:

The dvb-t scan then works

I made a mistake. The dvb-t scan works, but the DVBViewer does not find any channels.

Both hardware.xml files have identical content. I checked using functions in total commander.

DVBViwer works perfectly if the hardware meets BDA standard. TD310 is the only, IMHO, of AVerMedia devices that uses the proprietary way of TS capture and doesn't meet BDA. It can work properly (incl. DVB-T2 with MPLP) under its AVerTV 3D only. 

1 hour ago, MFrost said:

Can't you do something about it?

I use TD310 with AVerTV 3D only. With DVBViewer for DVB-C/T2(MPLP) I use DVBSky T680C (USB), T980C (PCIe) (both with CI), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD, PCTV 292e. As I know AVerMedia isn't going to polish up its TD310.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, vramor said:

DVBViwer works perfectly if the hardware meets BDA standard. TD310 is the only, IMHO, of AVerMedia devices that uses the proprietary way of TS capture and doesn't meet BDA. It can work properly (incl. DVB-T2 with MPLP) under its AVerTV 3D only. 

I don't know what's going on, but smartdvb uses bda drivers and finds dvb-c stations with no problem.

1 minute ago, MFrost said:

I don't know what's going on, but smartdvb uses bda drivers and finds dvb-c stations with no problem.

Both SmartDVB and ProgDVB do not use classical ways to capture TS with several devices. The manufacturers of these devices supply drivers, which do not always meet BDA standard. The programmers of SmartDVB and ProgDVB have undertaken special  measures to support the most popular tuners with its drivers. DVBViewer is a classical product and works with the same ones. :)

On 9/23/2019 at 11:55 PM, vramor said:

I use TD310 with AVerTV 3D only. With DVBViewer for DVB-C/T2(MPLP) I use DVBSky T680C (USB), T980C (PCIe) (both with CI), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD, PCTV 292e. As I know AVerMedia isn't going to polish up its TD310.

I reverse engineered the TD310 driver(s) while helping add DVB-T2(MPLP) to ProgDVB module, and from what I could find is that if the DVB-C Filter is loaded first, a global variable is set to a value indicating that the current mode is DVB-C (the same for DVB-T/T2 Filter), and every call to the card commit (setting tuner values) will check this variable, and call the appropriate function of the Si2168B chip code (DRV_SetFreqBwStandCarr for DVBT2 and DRV_SetFreqSrStandCarr for DVBC). I even tried using a Blindscan Property that the TD310 had for DVB-C, to try to bypass this problem, but without success.

And this problem should happen with the other cards that have the same Si2168B chip, "Cinergy T2 micro""Cinergy TC2" and the generic IT930x based DVB-T2/C sticks like the "DVBLink TVButler 100TC".

vor 13 Stunden schrieb lastcameleon:

if the DVB-C Filter is loaded first, a global variable is set to a value indicating that the current mode is DVB-C (the same for DVB-T/T2 Filter), and every call to the card commit (setting tuner values) will check this variable, and call the appropriate function of the Si2168B chip code

Thanks for information. Do you know a method to reset this global variable in order to get another "loaded first"? Where is this variable stored? How is it made persistent?

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Thanks for information. Do you know a method to reset this global variable in order to get another "loaded first"? Where is this variable stored? How is it made persistent?

The only way around it (I could think of), is to unload (release) the tuner filter that is currently active before loading the new one, because that variable cannot be accessed from any KsProperty (it's for internal use only).

The special KsProperty exposed by the card have only: Setting PLPID, Getting PLPNUM, Setting/Getting DVBType (only work with DVBT2) and BlindScan for DVBC.

Edited by lastcameleon

Thanks again. That gives me an idea what may be wrong.

In the hardware.xml posted by @MFrost here I can see now  that DVBViewer regards the Avermedia TD310 as dual tuner device with two independent tuners, because it has not been detected as hybrid tuner (= single tuner with different modes). This lets DVBViewer load the DVB-T tuner filter before the DVB-C tuner filter gets released on a DVB-C -> DVB-T channel change (and vice versa).

For correct hybrid tuner handling both tuner entries in the hardware.xml must have the same DeviceNr., which is not the case. The DVB-T DeviceNr is 1 and the DVB-C DeviceNr 2. Setting the latter also to 1 (by using a text editor) while DVBViewer is closed should fix it.

However, even without this measure the following sequence should work:

• A DVB-C channel is playing (DVB-C tuner filter used).
  • Playback -> Playback off stops playback and releases the device completely.
  • Tuning a DVB-T channel (or starting a DVB-T scan) re-allocates the device and loads the DVB-T tuner filter.

...or the other way round if a DVB-T channel is initially playing. If this doesn't work either, there is still another problem lurking around in the background.

P.S. Switching between DVB-C and DVB-T also requires changing the antenna cable, doesn't it? There are no separate connectors for a DVB-C and a DVB-T cable.

It would probably be better to treat the card as Hybrid, even the DeviceName (id) string in the Hardware.xml is the same before the '#', so it should be easy (probably) to detect the other TunerFilter.

I will PM (if it's ok) you the information for the DVBT2 handling of this card later if you want to add PLP switching for the TD310 (the other cards don't expose any KsProperty for doing so).

vor 7 Minuten schrieb lastcameleon:

It would probably be better to treat the card as Hybrid

Sure. I've justed added the flag to the hardware database that triggers the device instance comparison. Future versions will detect the hybrid tuner automatically.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb lastcameleon:

I will PM (if it's ok) you the information for the DVBT2 handling of this card later if you want to add PLP switching for the TD310

I'd like to get the information. :) Maybe there is also other useful information that we can exchange.

• 2 months later...

I also use Avermedia TD310, but only on DVB-C.

I've made many tests and the conclusion is this: if I run DVBViewer after the avermedia driver installation, everything is ok, the tuner works properly with both video and audio channels.

After restart the computer, nothing is working, no tunning, no video or audio even on channels saved. Tried some start computer with or w/o usb stick and also some scenarios I've imagined but the result is the same: after PC restart DVBViewer cannot work with avermedia stick.

So, I let in hardware.xml only DVB-C part, I checked if there is any Avermedia app running (and it is not), what is the solution?

Can work DVBViewer properly after restart computer?

Relevant part of log is this (the rest  of log file looks normal, there are only lines for skins ans os on...):

24.12.19 10:45:07.577 TfrmMain             SetTuner         Start
24.12.19 10:45:10.831 TBDADevice           OpenDevice       bvUnknown
24.12.19 10:45:10.832 TfrmMain             AllocateHardware AVerMedia TD310 BDA C Filter (1)
24.12.19 10:45:10.832 TfrmMain             SetTuner         Found usable hardware
24.12.19 10:45:10.832 TBDADevice           SetTuner         TType: 0, Freq: 546000, Symrate: 6900, LOF: 10600, Tone: 1, Pol: 5, DiseqC: 0, FEC: 0, APID: 312, VPID: 311, PMT: 5001, SID: 21211, TID: 22, NID: 1537, SatMod: 0, DiseqCVal: 0, Flags: 24, Group: 0
24.12.19 10:45:12.385 TfrmMain             SetTuner         End

See there "Open Device bvUnknown", looks strange! Any ideea?

On 12/23/2019 at 5:13 PM, Sorin_CL said:

After restart the computer, nothing is working, no tunning, no video or audio even on channels saved.

What do you mean by "restart"? If you switch a Windows 10 PC off and restart it later, it will usually not perform a clean system reboot, but rather wake up from a kind of hibernate state, due to the fast startup feature (if not switched off). Letting Windows 10 start from the scratch (including all drivers) really requires rebooting the PC.

One of my devices (an old TechniSat USB HD DVB-S2 box) does not work under Windows 10 after switching the PC off and on again, because the driver can't cope with the fast startup. To make the box work again I need to reboot the PC or switch the fast startup feature off.

18 hours ago, Sorin_CL said:

See there "Open Device bvUnknown", looks strange!

"bvUnknown" is no error. It just means that there is no hardware database entry for this device, so it is handled according to the BDA standard without vendor-specific extensions and additional measures.

It looks like a driver related problem.

I mean after reboot PC nothing is working.

It could be an issue between driver and windows (fast boot, power options, so on) but I think it is more an issue between driver and TV application.

There have to be a solution because SmartDVB is working OK (obviously AverTV). I do not know how the made but they succeeded to properly handle the driver...

• 4 months later...

I reopen this thread to post some info regarding Avermedia TD310, if anyone wants to buy one

To work with DVBViewer, you need to:

install their driver, restart, now image appear in DVBViewer, scan work.

Edited by bogdan1980

Once more once! TD310 works with its native software perfectly. Use AVerTV 3D instead of DVBViewer and you will never get any problem with the TV watching.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, bogdan1980 said:

I reopen this thread to post some info regarding Avermedia TD310, if anyone wants to buy one

Me working only DVB-T (video playing). I have the latest drivers from here https://www.avermedia.com/us/product-detail/TD310 and latest DVBViewer (6.1.6.9) with fix from download area.

Edited by jirim100
  • 3 weeks later...

I renew the thread because I also have the Aver td310 and am not able to find channels with DVBViewer pro, even though the C filter initiates properly.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide support.zip as the supporttool throws an error of "there is no more endpoinds from the endpoint mapping program".
The error is in the system language so i translated it.
Windows 7, 32 bit, Dell vostro 3560,  intel hd graphics/built-in amd radeon

CPU is core i 7, 4th gen, mobile
unfortunately no second computer to test.

DVBViewer 6.1.6.1, transedit 4.2.3
Aver drivers v 14.7, the last ones I found, apr 2015.

Tested reinstall of deivers, tested changing the usb port, even uninstalled usb 3 drivers for more direct communication.

The symptoms are.:
device initiates, (debug loging) and scans, but does not catch a lock, 
signal strength is always 0 even if the built in application finds all available channels.
OK, the signal isn't a demon, but anyway, build-in app shows between 46 and 100%

Tried combination with sr x 1000, tried transedit, tried disabling dvb-t filter leaving only dvb-C active.

The most optimistic scenario is that DVBViewer scans, waits all available timeout, throws no visible error in debug log and continues, always with 0 channels and no lock.

I even tried to manually fill in the vendor field to 12 (my old known for aver media).

My provider currently is RFT Kabel, Brandenburg, more specifically the neuruppin headend.

Attached find please what I felt might be hellpful.

DVBViewer debug log from an example scan, and a hardware.xml without modifications - as DVBViewer detects the device.hardware.xml

DVBViewer.log

• 5 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, Patryk F said:

The symptoms are.:
device initiates, (debug loging) and scans, but does not catch a lock, 
signal strength is always 0 even if the built in application finds all available channels.
OK, the signal isn't a demon, but anyway, build-in app shows between 46 and 100%

Tried combination with sr x 1000, tried transedit, tried disabling dvb-t filter leaving only dvb-C active.

The most optimistic scenario is that DVBViewer scans, waits all available timeout, throws no visible error in debug log and continues, always with 0 channels and no lock.

same here.

bought this stick to replace my old Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS which doesn't seem to work under Win10 20H1 and later builds.

I guess I have to stick with it for now...

On 4/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, bogdan1980 said:

unfortunately it doesn't work for me either that way...

On 5/3/2020 at 9:00 AM, vramor said:

Once more once! TD310 works with its native software perfectly. Use AVerTV 3D instead of DVBViewer and you will never get any problem with the TV watching.

yeah, but it looks like it was written in 1998...

• 3 weeks later...

No. Original software is not working, at least for me. And I'm an guy who makes any software to work..... In tuners regards....only few seconds work and find 3 channels or so. Even manually, qam, frequency etc not working.
Do not buy this one.
Buy hauppauge dvbc stick.