cannot detect QAM channels with Hauppauge Wintv HVR 1955 on Win10 Pro

nomadcowatbk

Am 15.10.2019 um 00:47 schrieb nomadcowatbk:

I do detect QAM channels in WinTV 8.5 and NPVR but not DVBViewer pro

It's Clear QAM, as used by US cable providers, correct? What is the tuner type on Options -> Hardware? Should be ATSC. What is your DVBViewer version?

You can answer these (and subsequent) questions by attaching a support.zip.

The WinTV-HVR-1955 box is completely unknown (no matching forum search result), and we can't test ATSC here in Europe, so I'm not sure if we can do something about it...

Last year Hauppauge + ATSC already gave me a hard time, as you can read here. Fortunately the user who reported the issue was a developer himself, so we could narrow the cause down from two sides and finally succeeded in finding a fix. It's already integrated in DVBViewerPro 6.1.4, but doesn't seem to take effect on your Wintv HVR 1955 (or WinTV HVR-1975, as your SystemInfo.txt reports).

So in your case we again would have to start from zero with mere blind guessing. It may become a long story without any guaranty for a happy end...