DVBViewer Timeline channels missing. how to get the channels?

pittyh

I bought DVB Media server the other day, because i want the guide to show up in "DVBViewer timeline" automatically.

I don't care about recording shows, i don't do that.

I just want the timeline to be properly populated in DVBViewer timeline.

I have a dual tuner card, so the second card can scan for channel guides, while i'm watching.

The timeline doesn't get populated unless i switch to that channel

DVB.jpg

Edited by pittyh

Did you already perform Help -> Media Server Wizard in DVBViewer? The "Download EPG from the server" option may be what you want.

If DVBViewer is configured as Media Server client, you can also do it manually: Settings -> Options -> DVBViewer Media Server -> Download EPG Now.

Media Server setup wizard.

Direct access to the following devices will be deactivated...tv cards.

Do i want to do this? Why wouldn't i want to use local devices?

Is it possible to use local tv tuner device, and receive EPG guide from the server?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb pittyh:

Do i want to do this? Why wouldn't i want to use local devices?

You will like it :) It's strongly recommended because it enables well organised shared DVB hardware usage by the Media Server, DVBViewer and other clients. Please read the FAQ here (Why should I use the Media Server for "DVB hardware administration"?) and the corresponding Wiki page. It's a bit out-dated, because it refers to the old Recording Service (Media Server predecessor), but it's still quite informative.