DVBViewer not able to record with virtual DVB device

marmas

Hello,

I've just got working my mediaserver and a DVBViewer PRO client connected to it. However it seems I lost the capability to record TV channels through the virtual DVB device. The recording function gets activated but nothing is being written to the configured folder then. Is it normal?

Thank you

Marco

Edited by marmas
vor 13 Minuten schrieb marmas:

However it seems I lost the capability to record TV channels through the virtual DVB device. The recording function gets activated but nothing is being written to the configured folder then. Is it normal?

Yes, if DVBViewer delegates the recording to the Media Server, so it gets recorded by the Media Server on the server PC according to the Media Server settings. See DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> DVBViewer Media Server -> Send timers to the server.

Thank you. I have a number of additional questions. Please, is any manual available anywhere  before I start asking more? ?  Thank you

Marco

PS: one more question is:

If I have two DVBWiever instances connecting to the same Media server configured with one DVB device only,  with the first instance tuning one channel,  I understand that the DVB device will be nailed receiving that very channel only, right? How can I "preempt" that channel to allow the second DVBViewer instance to grab a different channel?

Thanks

Edited by marmas
vor 56 Minuten schrieb marmas:

If I have two DVBWiever instances connecting to the same Media server configured with one DVB device only,  with the first instance tuning one channel,  I understand that the DVB device will be nailed receiving that very channel only, right?

No. It is set at the frequency (transponder) on which this channel is broadcasted. So a second client can receive other channels that are broadcasted on the same frequency (in the same data stream), but not channels that are broadcasted on other frequencies. One frequency per tuner, that's how it works. If a second DVBViewer client tries to receive something from another frequency, the Media Server forces it to play the same channel as the first client, in order to show the current tuner occupation.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb marmas:

How can I "preempt" that channel to allow the second DVBViewer instance to grab a different channel?

Adjust DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> DVBViewer Media Server -> Client tuning priority. Give the second client a higher value, e.g. 60. The default is 50 (medium priority). Recordings performed by the Media Server always have the highest priority.

P.S. Correction:

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Griga:

So a second client can receive other channels that are broadcasted on the same frequency (in the same data stream)

This applies to free (unencrypted) channels. Only one encrypted channel can be received with a tuner and its CI module.