Multistandard issues

micaelsilva

I have a TBS 5580 and a TBS 5520, both multistandard devices. Since DVBViewer started to automatic switch stantards each channel tuned it become a issue since in Brazil the digital terrestrial standard is ISDB-T and DVBViewer understands "terrestrial" as DVB-T and always switches to it.

I suggest two alternatives: DVBViewer do not try to switch to an terrestrial format if a terrestrial format is already set or to add a "Is multistandard" checkbox in the Hardware Options section since it is already an option in hardware.xml and mitigate this situation, but today it is only acessible direct editing the file.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb micaelsilva:

I have a TBS 5580 and a TBS 5520, both multistandard devices. Since DVBViewer started to automatic switch stantards each channel tuned it become a issue since in Brazil the digital terrestrial standard is ISDB-T and DVBViewer understands "terrestrial" as DVB-T and always switches to it.

The easiest measure is to generally prevent an ISDB-T -> DVB-T mode change in DVBViewer. That's just one additional line of code. A DVB-T -> ISDB-T change can't occur anyway. Please let me know if you want to have a test version.

Do you think there are people who are using both ISDB-T and DVB-S/C with a TBS 5580/TBS 5520? An additional measure could be a tweak that internally replaces switching to DVB-T by switching to ISDB-T, so that the automatic standard selection capabilities of DVBViewer could be used in such a scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not shure if there is a lot of use of these devices on ISDB-T countries, I think that a prevention to the ISDB-T -> DVB-T mode change would be more appropriate. You can make a test version if you like.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, micaelsilva said:

I'm not shure if there is a lot of use of these devices on ISDB-T countries, I think that a prevention to the ISDB-T -> DVB-T mode change would be more appropriate.

OK, then we'll only do the cheap trick. :) Please check your PMs.