moving recordings to another device

mr_gimlet

I am reconfiguring all my media devices over Christmas. This includes changing the Windows device that runs my DVBViewer Media Server. I have installed it and everything is working well; I am in the process of changing over my Kodi devices to point to the new server.

I had a question about exisiting recordings. I tried to copy and paste them to the new PC's recording location but they do not seem to be detedted in the recordings list.

Is there a way to make them accessible as I have many recordings on the current device.

33 minutes ago, mr_gimlet said:

I had a question about exisiting recordings. I tried to copy and paste them to the new PC's recording location but they do not seem to be detedted in the recordings list. Is there a way to make them accessible as I have many recordings on the current device.

The easiest way is to copy the whole recording directory structure to the new PC, so that the paths don't change (e.g. D:\Videos\MyRecordings remains D:\Videos\MyRecordings). This enables reusing the previous Media Server recording database - see configuration folder\Database\SvcDatabase.db3, just copy it to the new PC while the Media Servers are stopped. The directories should also be specified on the Media Server Options (svcoptions.exe) -> Recorder page as before.

If the paths are different, the recording database must be rebuilt by using the Update Recording Database task on the Web Interface -> Tasks page. It will only work if the new recording directories have been specified on the Media Server Options (svcoptions.exe) -> Recorder page and if there is an EPG information file (*.txt) present for each recording (which is a kind of external backup of the information stored in the database). Without EPG information files the former recordings are mere video files that can only be imported in the video database (see Media Server options -> Media Libraries).

• Thanks 1