HbbTV - Back Button Support

Hi there,

I would to start with a saying thank You for developing this great piece of software.

I want to ask a question that's been bugging me since I bought the HbbTV plugin.

Are there any plans or chances to support the BACK (VK_BACK) button also known as RETURN in HbbTV applications?

It's not mentioned in the manual.

By support I means some kind of keyboard mapping because I've haven't had the time to check a remote yet.

Best regards,

James

Hi,

in theory this should already work, but I never tested it on a lot services. If ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU = $00000054 is fired the hbbtv window was closed and the main menu was opened if the current url was equal to the service origin url, otherwise a VK_BACK key command was send. I assume the fact that you mention this means it does not work properly. I think I solved this by executing the GoBack Browser procedure in this case. It needs some more tests and I will discuss this with griga. He is way smarter in catching possible side effects than I am :)

Christian

• Like 1
On 12/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, lordjim1985 said:

Are there any plans or chances to support the BACK (VK_BACK) button also known as RETURN in HbbTV applications?

At first it has to be considered that the DVBViewer OSD Back function is assigned to the space bar by default, not to the backspace key (that triggers "last channel"). See Options -> Input -> View section for the OSD key mapping.

Here the back function works with DVBViewer 6.1.5.2 and arte HD HbbTV.