Avermedia DVB-t 771

JLCABBALLERO

Would have this card support?

A lots of people are searching a thirdparty software to use with this card, because the avermedia software is very very bad.

Excuse my bad english.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I second that request, as I am sure a lot of A771 owners would.

From the information on the Linux DVB-T wikipedia, the Technisat Airstar2 and the Avermedia A771 share the same tuner and front-end (Samsung TDTC9251DH0 and Zarlink MT-352) with the only difference being that the Airstar2 uses the B2C2 PCI bridge chipset, while the Avermedia A771 uses the common BT878A chipset.

I do not know which would be easiest, either:

- remove the B2C2 support from the Technisat SDK and add in BT878A support, so that the Avermedia A771 thinks it is an Airstar2 (and will then work with DVBViewer), or

- adding in support for the Avermedia A771 directly to DVBViewer (knowing that the tuner/front end controls shuold be the same/similar to the Airstar, but having to program it 'through' the BT878A and the Avermedia drivers for Windows.