Hybrid SAT /Terrestrial TBS 6590

Etienne

Happy new 2020 year to all the team!

I test a new DVB card. It's a TBS hybrid new card TBS 6590

It can handle dvb S/S2/S2x and T/T2/C.

problem 1 : how to setup hardware (same problem latest Transedit and latest DVBViewer) to get on same input terrestrial and sat signals?

problem 2: terrestrial did not work when i force T/T2 as dvb type (S/S2 forced works)

I have setup the card with second input as T/T2 for this testtbs6590.png.e3f566d02ed7e885a1d9be788e23bb0b.png

Edited by Etienne
attach image

In theory it should work after setting up the desired tuner types with the Change Mode Tool and then performing scan/detect devices in the DVBViewer/TransEdit hardware options.

DVBViewer does not support mode switching with TBS PCIe multi-standard devices yet (only with USB devices). That means, DVBViewer can't change the type of a tuner by itself. It has to be done with the Change Mode Tool. We can try to get information from TBS how it must be done, but it will take some time...

IMO the handling of the hybrid tuner capabilities has been implemented badly by TBS. The driver should take care of mode switching according to the tune requests, not an external tool or the application.

Ok for point1.

For problem 2, I have done a retry:  it isen't working for DVBT (DVBViewer and Transedit).

Perhaps because it's same BDA number and it's deosen't like ?

Here attached support.zip in case you need it ....

Please notice that Dvbdream oem that came from manufacturer works.

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Griga,

Any chance to solve point 2 (terrestrial demodulation) ?

Concerning point 1 , mode switch under linux is done directly, example dvblast syntax:

-a : number of physical input (linux adapter number)

-n 0 selecting terrestrial demod  (front-end number 0)

-n 1 selecting Sat demod (front-end number 1)

If this can help for bda ...i know bda is microsoft's stuff and not same as linux stuff

5 hours ago, Etienne said:

mode switch under linux is done directly

Useless under Windows. We need a TBS API that allows mode -switching via the BDA driver. I've asked Christian to ask TBS for it.