Remember last selected in recordings list

Hunter77

I've noticed that when you have many recordings and you start watching one of them, when you return to the list, the "selected by default" recording is always the first (the most recent).

I think it would be useful if, instead, when you return to the list, it's selected the last recording (the one previously watched).

If I'm not wrong, this is how the video or music list work.

(Sorry for my english, I hope it's clear what I was trying to explain...)

3 hours ago, Hunter77 said:

I was referring to DVBViewer  (last version) "recordings" menu

The one that can be selected in the OSD menu, right? There is another list on the TV/Radio -> Recording Statistics  -> Recordings tab.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:03 AM, Griga said:

The one that can be selected in the OSD menu, right? There is another list on the TV/Radio -> Recording Statistics  -> Recordings tab.

Yes, THAT one. Comparing the behaviour of Recordings list with Video and Music ones, it's pretty clear the difference: when you enter the Video list (the directory/ies set in the Video menu) and you navigate through it, even if you don't select any video and just wait the menu to disappear, if you click again the button to enter the Video List you "restart" from the last folder and the last entry selected in the list, no need to navigate again from the "starting point" of the Video directory.

Could that be combined with using the number keys (0=0%, 1=10%, 2=20%,..., 9=90%) to navigate the recordings list in the same way you navigate a video replay?

I have about 1000 recordings and when I want to watch episodes from series recording, I first alpha sort the list and then have to use up/down to find the next episode to watch. It would be nice to be able to get near that episode using number keys.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, Hunter77 said:

I've noticed that when you have many recordings and you start watching one of them, when you return to the list, the "selected by default" recording is always the first (the most recent). I think it would be useful if, instead, when you return to the list, it's selected the last recording (the one previously watched).

I've found a patch for the OSD recording list that yields the desired behaviour. Would you like to test it?

On 3/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, Delphi said:

Could that be combined with using the number keys (0=0%, 1=10%, 2=20%,..., 9=90%) to navigate the recordings list in the same way you navigate a video replay?

That would be a conceptual change, nothing that can be done with a simple patch. It would either let the list of recordings inconsistently diverge from the common response of OSD lists to number keys (which is selecting the xth item from the top), or it would change the behaviour of all OSD lists.

10 hours ago, Griga said:

That would be a conceptual change, nothing that can be done with a simple patch. It would either let the list of recordings inconsistently diverge from the common response of OSD lists to number keys (which is selecting the xth item from the top), or it would change the behaviour of all OSD lists.

I see. Seems that the request from @Hunter77 is met. OK with me. :)

Generally the DVBViewer UI (including TV/Radio -> Recordings Statistics) is not designed for handling huge recording collections, because they are displayed as simple linear lists without any filter functions, as we have them in the DVBViewer Media Server web interface. It would require a basic redesign to establish this in DVBViewer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, Griga said:

I've found a patch for the OSD recording list that yields the desired behaviour. Would you like to test it?

Yes of course!

2 hours ago, Griga said:

It's already up. Customer (download) area -> beta section -> DVBViewer Pro Fix. Please read the included ReadMe.

Great! I tested the beta and the behaviour of the program is exactly what I expected / was asking. Many thanks!