Default File Naming Scheme in Series Record and Others

Sk8er

Hi,

I'm a novice and this is my first ever forum post. I wonder if somebody can help, this software setup is driving me nuts! 

Issue 1:

I have set the default File Naming Scheme in the Media Server Options config to:

%event\%event_%station_%year-%date-%time

I have also set the File Naming Scheme in DVBViewer Web Interface to:

%event\%event_%station_%year-%date-%time

Why are there two places that don't seem to reflect each other?

No matter what I do, every time I setup a new series recording via the web interface, the File Naming Scheme defaults to:

%year-%date_%time_%station_%name

Where is this setting? 

Files are now all over the place on my hard disk as I can't expect my family members to type the new File Naming Scheme every time they create a series recording.

I can't for the life of me figure out where settings are stored.  I've looked in Kodi, DVBViewer, Media Server, xml files, the Web Interface, I've even installed SQLite and looked in SQL databases.  It's taken me 4 weeks to get nowhere.  Do you need an I.T. degree to configure and operate this TV? Because in the last 4 weeks I've pretty well done one!

Issue 2:

I understand that each recording has a .log .txt and .ts.  My recordings are almost unwatchable due to the number of errors in the file.  The log file is full of errors.  The Satellite signal in DVBViewer states around 75% and there are never any errors when watching live through Kodi.  Any idea why the recordings are full of errors?  I have attached an example that my kid was watching the other night.

My computer hardware is:

Intel Core i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD

Recordings are to an 8TB USB 3.0 HDD and the throughput can sustain around 100MB/s

I have attached the support.zip file if you need any more.

Issue 3:

I'm using Kodi Leia as the front end.  When a recording is done, there is no epg information saved with the recording.  If I browse the recordings there is no synopsis and I don't know which recording in the series it is, or what it is about.  It's in the guide, why not attached to the recording?  Is it supposed to be picked up from the .txt file, .log file?  The Kodi database? The media server database?  The xml files?  Somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sk8er

2020-04-29_20-55-00_ITV HD (AC3,eng)_New Beat The Chasers - People from across the country are looking to win.log support.zip

25 minutes ago, Sk8er said:

I have set the default File Naming Scheme in the Media Server Options config to: %event\%event_%station_%year-%date-%time

It has been stored correctly in the Configuration Folder\config\service.xml:

<section name="Recording">
    <entry name="NameScheme">%event\%event_%station_%year-%date-%time</entry>

Click "Configuration Folder" in the DMS options for opening an Explorer window that shows the content.

29 minutes ago, Sk8er said:

I have also set the File Naming Scheme in DVBViewer Web Interface

Where in the Web Interface? Please describe in more detail.

30 minutes ago, Sk8er said:

No matter what I do, every time I setup a new series recording via the web interface, the File Naming Scheme defaults to: %year-%date_%time_%station_%name

Probably because you didn't adjust the file naming scheme on the Search EPG page that appears after clicking the Series button in the EPG details. The DMS allows to define an individual scheme for each EPG search preset. A series recording is a kind of EPG search preset.

After entering the Search EPG page in the normal way (by clicking the button in the Web Interface header), you will see "Select a search preset" in the dropdown box in the upper part (which means: no specific preset is selected), and the timer default settings for search presets in the Timer Settings section. They apply to new search presets as well as to new series recordings. You can do the following:

• If you want to change the timer default settings for search presets, adjust them accordingly, while no specific search preset is selected, and click Save.
  • if you want to adjust the timer default settings for search presets to the general (global) DMS timer settings, click Delete, while no specific search preset is selected, and then Save.
  • If you want to change the timer settings for an individual series recording / search preset, select it, adjust the settings and click Save.

The search preset settings are stored in the file Configuration Folder\config\searches.xml.

Let's first settle this point before we proceed to the others...

• Like 1

Hi Griga,

Thanks for replying.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, Sk8er said:

I have also set the File Naming Scheme in DVBViewer Web Interface

Where in the Web Interface? Please describe in more detail.

Configuration/Recorder/File Naming Scheme

• If you want to change the timer default settings for search presets, adjust them accordingly, while no specific search preset is selected, and click Save.
  • if you want to adjust the timer default settings for search presets to the general (global) DMS timer settings, click Delete, while no specific search preset is selected, and then Save.
  • If you want to change the timer settings for an individual series recording / search preset, select it, adjust the settings and click Save.

Thanks for the instructions and clarification, it works fine, although I'd never have figured that out.

Looking forward to the remaining solutions,

Thanks again.

Sk8er.

Edited by Sk8er
On 5/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sk8er said:

Any idea why the recordings are full of errors?

Yes:

Device: TBS 5520 BDA Tuner

In my experience TBS drivers (at least the ones for USB boxes) lose data too easily, most likely due to their buffering strategy. I have two TBS USB boxes (an old QBox II and a new 5580). Both suffer from the same problem, while other DVB devices (USB and PCI/PCIe) work flawlessly in the same PC.

However, it seems to heavily depend on the circumstances, usage scenario and how things come together (OS version, hardware, other drivers that are busy in the system etc.). I have 5 PCs for testing purpose. In two of them the TBS boxes are close to being unusable, in others drop-outs only occur sometimes (particularly right after tuning) or not at all (in an old PC still running with Windows XP). The same picture emerges here in the forum. Some users are fairly happy with their TBS devices, others are struggling with issues, particularly when it comes to decrypting channels with a CI/CAM.

I made some efforts to solve the problems, but to no avail. IMO they can't be solved on the user level in applications. The BDA drivers must be fixed. So all I can tell you is: Look for another device that behaves more stably in your system.

Thanks, that's rather demoralising.  I spent a long time looking for these ones, and ordered them specially from Germany after reading many reviews.  Surely this can't be expected to be a trial and error process at the end user's expense?  I need them to be USB tuners as the HTPC has no expansion slots.  I don't get any errors while watching live Tv, surely the BDA drivers and TSB 5520's are doing the same job?  Considering all your knowledge and wisdom, you must have some advice on which USB tuners are the most reliable. 

Thanks for looking in to it.

Sk8er

37 minutes ago, Sk8er said:

I don't get any errors while watching live Tv, surely the BDA drivers and TSB 5520's are doing the same job?

I don't know why this happens. As already mentioned: It seems to heavily depend on the circumstances, usage scenario and how things come together.

A DVBSky S960 USB Box (or S960C, if you need CI) proved to be quite reliable here.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sk8er said:

I'm using Kodi Leia as the front end.  When a recording is done, there is no epg information saved with the recording.  If I browse the recordings there is no synopsis and I don't know which recording in the series it is, or what it is about. 

How do you access the recordings in Kodi? With the DVBViewer add-on for Kodi I get EPG information for all my recordings, because the add-on knows how to access the recordings database via the Media Server API.

This is Kodi playing a test recording without the add-on, accessing the Media Server via UPnP. Doesn't look bad either...

Zwischenablage01.jpg

However, if I let Kodi access the files on my harddisk directly, there is no EPG information. Dunno which data type or format Kodi expects in this case. Maybe including the original now/next EPG in the recording will help. The VLC can read it. See DMS Options -> Recordings -> Include EPG Data. Since it doesn't work correctly in the DMS 2.1.6.1 release due to a bug, you need to download a fixed Media Server version from the Customers (Download) Area -> Beta Section.

P.S. Doesn't work. Just tried myself. Kodi can't read EPG data from a TS file.

Edited by Griga