Strange happenings with Timeshift

aydan

Hi there,

I've had a strange bug with timeshift several times now. While viewing a timshifted program, A/V will suddenly stop playing.

Looking at the time slider the recording still seems to run and the cursor sticks to the end.

Moving the cursor back a few minutes the stream will play up to a certain point, and then the cursor starts hopping forewards with about 30 second hops to the end.

This error is not really reproducabe but when it happens the next time i'll try to save the ts file.

Bye

Aydan

May be due to stream errors while recording. Try the latest DVBViewer Filter 2.2 from the Service Center (replace PushSource.ax in DVBViewer\Filters). It can cope with streams in which parts of TS packets are missing (e.g. half a TS packet).

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to the new filter but now i've got problems with audio jamming while being online (dial-up) and downloading stuff. A check of a recording with pvastrumento revealed tons of missing audio frames.

I switched to the new filter but now i've got problems with audio jamming while being online

Sorry, I can't explain that issue. The DVBViewer Filter 2.2 doesn't connect to any network stuff, not even to the SkyStar2. It receives the video/audio transport stream data from the main app, processes it, and passes it on, that's all. So there must be something else interfering... no clue how this can happen.

However, I'd try to disable the network protocols that are assigned to the SkyStar2 in the Windows Device Manager.