DVB-C Subtitles not detected

NeMiLose

Hi,

I have USB device Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD and I use it for DVB-C.

I have been using DVBViewer Pro with the Recording service to watch some channels on a remote location, and it works perfectly.

Recently, I wanted to record a movie on some other channel and then I realized that the subtitles are not recorded. In fact, subtitles are not detected in DVBViewer (Subtitles menu option is grayed-out in the right-click menu), but in the recorded TS video MPC-HC shows all available subtitles (11 of them), but none of them are working. DVBViewer is also not showing EPG for this channel. Something else I have noticed. It is not important for me, but maybe it is important for the problem. There are main audio language and two more languages. DVBViewer correctly shows them in the menu, but only main audio reproduces sound. All of these issues are not present when I watch that channel on LG TV. It shows all subtitles, EPG works and all three audio languages are working.

On some other channel, I was able to see subtitles in DVBViewer and also in the recording.

Here is an example of recorded not-working channel: https://we.tl/t-mSq0GiZosD

Here is an example of recorded working channel: https://we.tl/t-VacaTglL1W

I have also attached support.zip.

support.zip

Please open the DVBViewer Channel Editor and check the Service ID of the channel in question. For HD Eurochannel it should be 59. The Stream ID should be 17002. If not, correct it, click apply and try...

Please note that the changed channel list must be saved in DVBViewer and your Recording Service stopped and restarted for loading it.

Thanks a lot! That fixed the problem! Service ID was 34 before.

Can you tell me how did you know correct values? Off course, if it is not complicated to explain :)

I've used the TransEdit Analyzer:

Zwischenablage02.png

The right side shows the streams that are actually contained in the recording. The tree view on the left shows the content of the recorded SI tables. Since DVBViewer did not have the correct Sevice ID, it could not spot the PMT (Program Map Table) belonging to the channel, that lists all video/audio/subtitle/teletext etc. streams of the channel. It could only record video and audio with packet identifiers (PIDs) indicated by your channel list.

TransEdit can be downloaded from the members (download) area. If you are interested, you can read more about DVB SI tables here.

The easiest way to repair a channel affected by wrong channel data is to delete it and let DVBViewer find it again by using a channel search.